Trautwig - 1st week boring

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valerius, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig opined
    that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't understand
    the subtlety of the sport. He need scoring, like the NBA so he can figure
    out who's ahead.

    Tags:

  2. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig opined
    >that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't understand
    >the subtlety of the sport.

    Stage 9 a perfect example. No suspense or excitement there: the
    peloton torquing it up to lightspeed in the last few km to catch a 2
    man break literally at the line; bad boy McEwen somehow pushing
    through to eke ahead of green jersey rivals, nordic giant Hushovd and
    always at the front O'Grady. 'Bout put me to sleep, too, Al.

    What a hoser.

    --dt

  3. TM

    TM Guest

    "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig

    opined
    > >that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't

    understand
    > >the subtlety of the sport.

    > Stage 9 a perfect example. No suspense or excitement there: the
    > peloton torquing it up to lightspeed in the last few km to catch a 2
    > man break literally at the line; bad boy McEwen somehow pushing
    > through to eke ahead of green jersey rivals, nordic giant Hushovd and
    > always at the front O'Grady. 'Bout put me to sleep, too, Al.
    >
    > What a hoser.

    Well, I hate to pile on, but Al is just frustrated by the break aways. He
    can't understand why they try.

  4. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    > Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig

    opined
    > that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't

    understand
    > the subtlety of the sport. He need scoring, like the NBA so he can figure
    > out who's ahead.

    He's a spy. He is an implant by other networks because cycling is getting
    popular and he was planted to douse the flames. Other big sports are worried
    about cycling popularity and they need to stop that so that Baseball,
    Basketball, and Football remain on top. Cynical spoof.

  5. Mike Bruno

    Mike Bruno Guest

    Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig opined
    > >that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't understand
    > >the subtlety of the sport.

    > Stage 9 a perfect example. No suspense or excitement there: the
    > peloton torquing it up to lightspeed in the last few km to catch a 2
    > man break literally at the line; bad boy McEwen somehow pushing
    > through to eke ahead of green jersey rivals, nordic giant Hushovd and
    > always at the front O'Grady. 'Bout put me to sleep, too, Al.
    >
    > What a hoser.
    >

    > --dt

    Yep, this is probably why they paired him with Billy Bob Troll.
    Al, the stately looking village elder juxtaposed with Billy Bob
    the village idiot.

  6. Roland2k

    Roland2k Guest

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig opined
    > that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't understand
    > the subtlety of the sport. He need scoring, like the NBA so he can figure
    > out who's ahead.

    He certainly deserved those looks. What an ignorant remark! I'm
    getting a little tired of Bike Racing 101. Right now I'm wishing LL
    Bean made a muzzle...

  7. [email protected] (Mike Bruno) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig opined
    > > >that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't understand
    > > >the subtlety of the sport.

    > > Stage 9 a perfect example. No suspense or excitement there: the
    > > peloton torquing it up to lightspeed in the last few km to catch a 2
    > > man break literally at the line; bad boy McEwen somehow pushing
    > > through to eke ahead of green jersey rivals, nordic giant Hushovd and
    > > always at the front O'Grady. 'Bout put me to sleep, too, Al.
    > >
    > > What a hoser.
    > >

    > > --dt

    > Yep, this is probably why they paired him with Billy Bob Troll.
    > Al, the stately looking village elder juxtaposed with Billy Bob
    > the village idiot.

    Bob's the man. If they'd only turn him loose, instead he seems
    chained down by turkeys. Look at last year, paired with newbie
    Kirsten Gumm, this year paired with Al "General Purpose Sports
    Commentator" Trautwig. Do you think you could shine if you were thus
    constrained? Bob should be mixing it up with P & P, giving the
    occaisional explanation for the less informed audience members.

    Seems there are some really short memories around here or Trautwig
    really is awful, since there's so much nostalgia for the good old
    days. Just last year people were ripping into Gumm, now she's like
    Glinda the Good Witch.

  8. BillyBubba

    BillyBubba Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig

    > opined
    > > that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't

    > understand
    > > the subtlety of the sport. He need scoring, like the NBA so he can figure
    > > out who's ahead.

    > He's a spy. He is an implant by other networks because cycling is getting
    > popular and he was planted to douse the flames. Other big sports are worried
    > about cycling popularity and they need to stop that so that Baseball,
    > Basketball, and Football remain on top. Cynical spoof.

    Al asked me to let you guys know that none of your comments have any
    bearing whatsoever on the competition for yellow jersey.

  9. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    Richard Adams wrote:

    > Seems there are some really short memories around here or Trautwig
    > really is awful, since there's so much nostalgia for the good old
    > days. Just last year people were ripping into Gumm, now she's like
    > Glinda the Good Witch.

    Trautwig needs to get a boob job in order to gain fans around here.

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  10. not nearly as bad as that jackass adrian karsten we had to listen to/watch a
    few years ago before we all had OLN...

  11. Tim Lines wrote:

    > Richard Adams wrote:
    >
    >> Seems there are some really short memories around here or Trautwig
    >> really is awful, since there's so much nostalgia for the good old
    >> days. Just last year people were ripping into Gumm, now she's like
    >> Glinda the Good Witch.

    > Trautwig needs to get a boob job in order to gain fans around here.

    Some serious botox, too.

  12. zboy

    zboy Guest

    If Troutwig is trying to be a jackass, he is doing a great job. The
    problem with big Al, is he is always trying to put on this attitude
    like he actually knows something. And from his past weeks performance
    we all know he knows nothing! Without Lance in the lead, he is just
    so flustered - it is starting to get amusing. Why can't OLN just
    leave it up to Phil, Bob, and Paul

  13. "Mike Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:8c8cccd6.040714105[email protected]
    > Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig

    opined
    > > >that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't

    understand
    > > >the subtlety of the sport.

    > > Stage 9 a perfect example. No suspense or excitement there: the
    > > peloton torquing it up to lightspeed in the last few km to catch a 2
    > > man break literally at the line; bad boy McEwen somehow pushing
    > > through to eke ahead of green jersey rivals, nordic giant Hushovd and
    > > always at the front O'Grady. 'Bout put me to sleep, too, Al.
    > >
    > > What a hoser.
    > >

    > > --dt

    > Yep, this is probably why they paired him with Billy Bob Troll.
    > Al, the stately looking village elder juxtaposed with Billy Bob
    > the village idiot.

    Trautwig is really out of his element, it's obvious he has nary a clue.

  14. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Roland2k) wrote:

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig opined
    > > that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't
    > > understand
    > > the subtlety of the sport. He need scoring, like the NBA so he can figure
    > > out who's ahead.

    > He certainly deserved those looks. What an ignorant remark! I'm
    > getting a little tired of Bike Racing 101. Right now I'm wishing LL
    > Bean made a muzzle...

    A nice plaid flannel muzzle?

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    So far, so good, so what?

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  15. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:cBmJc.26234$v[email protected]

    > "Mike Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    > opined

    > understand
    > > >
    > > > Stage 9 a perfect example. No suspense or excitement there: the
    > > > peloton torquing it up to lightspeed in the last few km to catch a 2
    > > > man break literally at the line; bad boy McEwen somehow pushing
    > > > through to eke ahead of green jersey rivals, nordic giant Hushovd and
    > > > always at the front O'Grady. 'Bout put me to sleep, too, Al.
    > > >
    > > > What a hoser.
    > > >

    > > > --dt

    > > Yep, this is probably why they paired him with Billy Bob Troll.
    > > Al, the stately looking village elder juxtaposed with Billy Bob
    > > the village idiot.

    > Trautwig is really out of his element, it's obvious he has nary a clue.

    Yeah, it's like Roll is giving Al on the job training or something, they
    need to get that idiot out of there. Do it in the off season, not in the
    Tour.

  16. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "zboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If Troutwig is trying to be a jackass, he is doing a great job. The
    > problem with big Al, is he is always trying to put on this attitude
    > like he actually knows something. And from his past weeks performance
    > we all know he knows nothing! Without Lance in the lead, he is just
    > so flustered - it is starting to get amusing. Why can't OLN just
    > leave it up to Phil, Bob, and Paul

    It's a dumb network decision made by the higher ups for whatever reasons,
    usually brown nosing, money, ass kissing involved. I am sure Phil, Paul and
    Bob are holding their nose with one hand while putting up with big Al.
    Luckily Posey only has side pieces and Gum been banished to Siberia, but big
    Al should be there with her.

  17. Mike Bruno

    Mike Bruno Guest

    "Richard Hertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > not nearly as bad as that jackass adrian karsten we had to listen to/watch a
    > few years ago before we all had OLN...
    >
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Could you believe the startled looks from the OLN crew when Trautwig

    > opined
    > > that he thought the first week was boring. He definitely doesn't

    > understand
    > > the subtlety of the sport. He need scoring, like the NBA so he can figure
    > > out who's ahead.

    Hey, at least Karsten had hilarious ties to look at - or were they just
    painful? I guess my mind is trying to blank it out. Now that I think
    about it, the title of this thread is ordered wrong. Is should be:
    1st week - Trautwig boring. But I digress..........

  18. Now that I think
    > about it, the title of this thread is ordered wrong. Is should be:
    > 1st week - Trautwig boring. But I digress..........

    :)

  19. "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "zboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > If Troutwig is trying to be a jackass, he is doing a great job. The
    > > problem with big Al, is he is always trying to put on this attitude
    > > like he actually knows something. And from his past weeks performance
    > > we all know he knows nothing! Without Lance in the lead, he is just
    > > so flustered - it is starting to get amusing. Why can't OLN just
    > > leave it up to Phil, Bob, and Paul

    > It's a dumb network decision made by the higher ups for whatever reasons,
    > usually brown nosing, money, ass kissing involved. I am sure Phil, Paul and
    > Bob are holding their nose with one hand while putting up with big Al.
    > Luckily Posey only has side pieces and Gum been banished to Siberia, but big
    > Al should be there with her.

    They brought in a NEW higher up, I think it was in VeloNews or another
    auspicious publication a month or two back and they guy went on about
    how he loved the TdF and was working on repackaging it. You now see
    the results.

    It doesn't matter what business you're in, eventually some new VP or
    manager comes in and messes with a perfectly good working system
    because they have A Whole New Paradigm<tm> in mind and everyone will
    applaud and recognise their brilliance when it's been carried out.
    Sometimes they even jump ship before the change is finished, but it
    figures prominently in their resume (before it all went to hell, but
    that being the fault of their successor.) I think this is what the
    Dilbert strip is mostly about.

  20. "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "zboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    >> ...Why can't OLN just
    >> leave it up to Phil, Bob, and Paul

    > It's a dumb network decision made by the
    > higher ups for whatever reasons...

    They know you serious fans are gonna watch no matter what. So
    they go for the marginal, casual viewer who doesn't care about all
    the technical stuff, just the "human interest stories," hence Al's
    clueless gloss. It's like the olympics, with 2 minutes of action
    sandwiched by ten minutes about some athlete's aunt's
    hairdresser's battle with a terrible disease. It's for the
    non-fan, and, dare I say it, the female viewer.