Travel Cases?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by James, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Any recommendations for a good bike travel case?

    JJ

    Tags:

  2. Tri All 3

    The best.

    Mark VandenBerghe (who had a bike destroyed 11 years ago in a soft case - I think the plane
    drove over it.)

    "James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:If%Q9.224$%[email protected]...
    > Any recommendations for a good bike travel case?
    >
    > JJ

  3. Mtbbb

    Mtbbb Guest

    Cheap and easy is the Serfas Case. I have a used one for $100. Perfect Condition. Simple to use and
    can store some extra crap in it as well.

  4. I have the Performance bike box. It is works for occational use, and is strong enough, but it isn't
    very convenient.

    James wrote:

    >Any recommendations for a good bike travel case?
    >
    >JJ

  5. Kevin Walz

    Kevin Walz Guest

    As someone who travels with a bike often and works on the ramp for an airline, I would recommend a
    Trico case. It does a great job protecting the bike and is less hassle to load.(meaning it will
    receive more care). I've borrowed a tri all 3 case before and it's too big. You have to get a bigger
    rental car and it's harder to wheel around the airports.

    Kevin

  6. Bbc3

    Bbc3 Guest

    "Mark VandenBerghe" wrote:
    > Tri All 3

    I will second this. The bike box is large, but it rolls and the protection it affords is superb. The
    bike box is large enough so you can pack your bike and everything else for your trip (race) into it
    and have no other luggage.

    --
    Bill