Travel Insurance

David Entwistle

Guest
One of my friends is travelling to France to watch the Tour later this year. He is taking his bike
and wants to know about insurance.

He already has travel insurance and does want to change householder policy.

Value $7000 for 2 months, not riding competitively.

Please let me know if you know any company that may help?

--

Regards

David Entwistle
[email protected]

"Make sure you stand for something or you will fall for anything" - Anon.

On Mon, 26 May 2003 23:43:26 +0930, David Entwistle wrote:

> One of my friends is travelling to France to watch the Tour later this year. He is taking his bike
> and wants to know about insurance. He already has travel insurance and does want to change
> householder policy. Value $7000 for 2 months, not riding competitively. Please let me know if you
> know any company that may help?

We insured our bikes via an insurance broker in Adelaide. The way it worked was to insure them
locally, with an extra payment to cover them internationally for that period. They are really only
insured against theft, and *must* be chained to an immovable object at the time. Or bikes weighed
in at around $2.5k, and regular travel insurance would only go to $500 OR it was too expensive - I
dont remember.

Anyway, Bicycle NSW recommended this place. I can't find the details without searching through a
filing cabinet. If you *really* need it, email me directly, otherwise ring BNSW.

-kt