Traveling with your bike

rustersports

Jun 26, 2012
Hey guys,

Has anyone had to travel with their bike? The fees are outrageous sometimes $150 each way to fly your bike. When you factor in the cost of the case you invested in + the cost of flying your bike every time you would like, it begins to get out of hand. Fortunately, their is a solution to this. Ruster Sports offers a product that can do away with those fees of flying with your bike and all the headaches. The Hen House is the only bike case on the market that meets that standard luggage requirement of 62 linear inches to fly your bike for the standard luggage fee. In other words, say good-bye to the fees associated with flying your bike and get the only case on the market that is truly only an investment. If you fly with the Hen House more than 2 times it begins paying you back in the savings you receive. I am confident that many of you will find that this case is the only solution to excess luggage fees. At the very least take a look at the website www.rustersports.com and see what you think. Ruster Sports is more than willing to create custom bags for clubs as well. Pick the colors, material, etc. and get a case that suits your entire team. The standard Hen House is made from 1000 denier cordura, diamond rip-stop material, pet collar webbing, and industrial threading to ensure stability and longevity of the bag. Discounts are available for club teams and can be negotiated.

Take a look at the site www.rustersports.com. Ruster Sports is a small business with a great product striving to gain awareness in the market and save those who are paying thousands of dollars to get their bike for A to B.

I have not flown with a bike for years. I found it cheaper and more secure to ship using common carrier/UPS/FedEx.

Despite meeting size requirements, some airlines will still charge the bicycle baggage charge.

Not to bag on your product, but personally there is no way I would use a soft case to fly a carbon frame with the gorillas hired as baggage handlers. The "Bunker" would be more to my risk-averse experience with baggage handlers.

Carbon frame on the bottom of this pile? In a soft case? No thanks.

I fully understand your concern. TJ Tollakson has been flying with this case for 10 years with a fully carbon fiber frame and never had a problem. I appreciate you taking the time to look at our website. The Bike Bunker is the safe alternative for some people. The case requires little disassembling of the bike and has a hard shell for protection. I would be happy to discuss that product in more detail if you have interest.

I already have a hardcase. I rarely fly these days, but when I do I ship my bike and put extra clothes and **** in with it to minimize carry-on. Bombproof protection and cheap rates.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]. I appreciate you taking the time to look at our website. The Bike Bunker is the safe alternative for some people. The case requires little disassembling of the bike and has a hard shell for protection. I would be happy to discuss that product in more detail if you have interest.[/COLOR]
g.gif

CAMPY BOB, There isn't a rate quite as good a FREE, but I understand your concern. Thanks for your comments.

Following winds and safe cycling to you! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Hello friends
After watching those videos, I will thinking more times before flying with my bike :)

Chouaib said:
Hello friends After watching those videos, I will thinking more times before flying with my bike :)
Plenty of people travel with their bikes without problems. Plenty of people. Now, here's a quick quiz: do you think it's the vast majority or a small minority of travelers with bikes who have something happen to their bikes?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I already have a hardcase. I rarely fly these days, but when I do I ship my bike and put extra clothes and **** in with it to minimize carry-on. Bombproof protection and cheap rates.
I bring my bike abroad with me regularly. I always, always, use a hardcase for my bike.

I always, always, use a hardcase for my bike.

Smart move.

Time for a little travelling music, Sammy!