trdina

"Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Hell no Patachick was never a pro, he just happened to be mentioned in the
> sentence a few words earlier.
>
> He was a rbr troll pro though...

Yeah. I always thought it was funny the way everyone knew that he and
Albright were trolling, yet the **** they posted was well-crafted enough to
always elicit a response.

You've got to have respect for someone who is good at what they do.

J DASH ME wrote:
>>Look J-me, everyone knows who......

> I AGREE THAT THERE IS A BIG DRUG PROBLEM IN US
> CYCLING RIGHT NOW so party on Pro Crit.

Nice pun.

Dan

> That is,
> there's no question that USADA is absolutely hell-bent on catching those

who
> violate the rules, such that the notion that they'd cover-up a positive

test
> result is laughable.

Is Robert Voy affiliated with them at all, or is he still in boxing?

"hold my beer and watch this..." wrote:
<snip>

> And I'm 99% sure that its not Ronde Champ (the original Palachick
> incarnation anyway).

Just to be clear, I never said the Critter Probe was the original RC.

Rather, I am 99% sure he is the RC who emerged Alien-style from the poster
formerly known as Ronde Chumpion.

If that is true, and my memory is not too faulty (big assumption), then the
guy has dropped lots of hints about his identity. Unfortunately, they are
incongruous, which leads me to believe he just likes yanking chains. And
he's good at it.

btw, the original RC's career was fading out when I first stumbled onto rbr.
However, his reputation for outrageousness was sufficiently widespread that
I heard of the guy on group rides on this side of the country. From people
who had never heard of rbr.

Holy ****. Good talk.

>And anyone who's spent more than 15 minutes in the parking lot of the East
>Jesus Mall Parking Lot Crit before the Cat III race knows that there's a
>drug problem in cycling.

I've spent a lot of time in parking lots before crits...I've heard a lot of
people say they "know" things. I don't really feel that I know. I am always
interested to hear how exactly other people think they "know."

-Craig

> "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > That is,
> > there's no question that USADA is absolutely hell-bent on catching those

> who
> > violate the rules, such that the notion that they'd cover-up a positive

> test
> > result is laughable.
> >

> Is Robert Voy affiliated with them at all, or is he still in boxing?

Voy was part of the USOC, not USADA.

Andy Coggan

> > > That is,
> > > there's no question that USADA is absolutely hell-bent on catching

those
> > who
> > > violate the rules, such that the notion that they'd cover-up a

positive
> > test
> > > result is laughable.
> > >

> > Is Robert Voy affiliated with them at all, or is he still in boxing?

> Voy was part of the USOC, not USADA.

I know, but he was the one who caught a lot of heat when Longo tested
positive after her hour record attempt in Colo Spgs in the late 80s because
he stood his ground. Since the formation of the USADA, I didn't know if he
had become part of that organization or not.

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> writes:

> those
> > > who

> positive
> > > test
> > > >

> > > Is Robert Voy affiliated with them at all, or is he still in boxing?

> > Voy was part of the USOC, not USADA.
> >

> I know, but he was the one who caught a lot of heat when Longo tested
> positive after her hour record attempt in Colo Spgs in the late 80s because
> he stood his ground. Since the formation of the USADA, I didn't know if he
> had become part of that organization or not.

I thought everyone knew that it was that new brand of Make-Up that Madame
bought in the USA that caused the positive.

That's what Jeannie said anyway :)

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://sixday.741.com/

[email protected]12345 (Jason Waddell) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: Re: trdina
> >From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email protected]
> >Date: 8/27/2004 7:06 AM Central Standard Time
> >

> >Since when was palachick a pro? He was a crappy 2 from a second-rate team
> >from Philly.
> >
> >Not that I'm any better, mind you, but just because the guy had a big mouth
> >didn't mean that he was any good.
> >

> Hell no Patachick was never a pro, he just happened to be mentioned in the
> sentence a few words earlier.
>
> He was a rbr troll pro though...
>

> thanks,
> jason

Whoops Jason. Not the first time you were ever wrong.

From: mike schatzman ([email protected])
Subject: Ronde Champ was a Pro?
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Date: 2004-09-05 15:47:32 PST

Anyone into minor cycling team nostalgia like I am?
http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/pelotons/usa94.php
Rob Palachick was a pro riding for Giant in 94, I didn't know that.
Look at all those guys, I know some of those dudes,
you could pretty much buy a pro license if you were a 1 right?

THE crit pro