General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Treadmill at my gym doesn't keep taking a pulse

Started by quisnor · · Last activity · 5 posts · 482 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 April 2004
Last activity
18 April 2004
Original author
quisnor
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
482
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have just started to walk on a treadmill at my gym. I
    found it to be more comfortable than I thought. It's a Star
    Trac machine.

    I liked the idea that I could set it to my heart beat and it
    would change it's pace for me. I set it for fat burn and
    held my hands on the metal sensors and walked for an hour.

    But recently I get on the treadmill and the machine stops
    reading my heart after about a minute. I can seem to figure
    out why it's not working the way I remember. I go around to
    all of the machnes and sure enough they all stop reading my
    pulse after a minute.

    Is there a setting on these machines to go from a chest
    strap sensor to the hand sensors?

  2. Try wetting the front of your shirt (above the transmitter
    belt) before you begin; sounds like you do moisten the belt
    but this isn't enough as the static from the shirt rubbing
    up and down can knock out the signal for a while; after a
    predetermined amount of "no signal" the monitor may just
    give up for the duration.
    J.<[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have just started to walk on a treadmill at my gym. I
    found it to be more comfortable than I thought. It's a
    Star Trac machine.

    I liked the idea that I could set it to my heart beat
    and it would change it's pace for me. I set it for fat
    burn and held my hands on the metal sensors and walked
    for an hour.

    But recently I get on the treadmill and the machine stops
    reading my heart after about a minute. I can seem to
    figure out why it's not working the way I remember. I go
    around to all of the machnes and sure enough they all stop
    reading my pulse after a minute.

    Is there a setting on these machines to go from a chest
    strap sensor to the hand sensors?

  3. You are dead.

    [email hidden] wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I have just started to walk on a treadmill at my gym. I
    found it to be more comfortable than I thought. It's a
    Star Trac machine.

    I liked the idea that I could set it to my heart beat
    and it would change it's pace for me. I set it for fat
    burn and held my hands on the metal sensors and walked
    for an hour.

    But recently I get on the treadmill and the machine stops
    reading my heart after about a minute. I can seem to
    figure out why it's not working the way I remember. I go
    around to all of the machnes and sure enough they all stop
    reading my pulse after a minute.

    Is there a setting on these machines to go from a chest
    strap sensor to the hand sensors?

  4. [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I have just started to walk on a treadmill at my gym. I
    found it to be more comfortable than I thought. It's a
    Star Trac machine.

    I liked the idea that I could set it to my heart beat
    and it would change it's pace for me. I set it for fat
    burn and held my hands on the metal sensors and walked
    for an hour.

    But recently I get on the treadmill and the machine stops
    reading my heart after about a minute. I can seem to
    figure out why it's not working

    You are dead.

  5. T-mills stop responding after a minute? That's not good. It
    sounds as if the machines are losing interest in you, as
    fast as people do.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.