Treadmill Motivation

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Covergirl, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Covergirl

    Covergirl Guest

    Help! I live in a freezing cold, arctic, god-forsaken part of the US. In order to maintain my health
    and safety I am currently running on a treadmill at the fitness center - desperately trying to
    maintain my
    4/week running fix.

    I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    motivation...any suggestions?

    cg

    Tags:

  2. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    [email protected] (Covergirl) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    > motivation...any suggestions?

    Tell him to put on some shorts. Other than that, maybe find an indoor track, or get some serious
    cold weather running gear and head outdoors.

    -Phil

  3. Bob Garrison

    Bob Garrison Guest

    "Covergirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:f7fd0796.040[email protected]...
    > Help! I live in a freezing cold, arctic, god-forsaken part of the US. In order to maintain my
    > health and safety I am currently running on a treadmill at the fitness center - desperately trying
    > to maintain my
    > 4/week running fix.
    >
    > I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    > motivation...any suggestions?
    >
    > cg

    A portable CD player.

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    Covergirl <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Help! I live in a freezing cold, arctic, god-forsaken part of the US. In order to maintain my
    >health and safety I am currently running on a treadmill at the fitness center - desperately trying
    >to maintain my
    >4/week running fix.

    Music players are a must. Get a good sports MP3 player.

    Do workouts and tempo runs on the treadmill from time to time. The first few times, speedwork on a
    treadmill can be quite exciting. I've seen people
    - obviously quite compulsive - who straddle the belt waiting for it to come up to speed before
    leaping on to start a rep. You make the same leap on dry land, but with the belt you have to judge
    it right. Even without a flying start, it is intimidating to run inches away from hard objects
    travelling past at high relative velocity.

    Try some of the other machines in the center. They are all similar to running in that you can make
    them as tough as you want them to be. They all have calorie counters so you can do the same amount
    of work you would running.

    >I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    >motivation...any suggestions?

    Try a different time of day when you might find a butt worth looking at?

    Terry R. McConnell Mathematics/215 Carnegie/Syracuse, N.Y. 13244-1150 [email protected] 229B Physics
    Bldg http://barnyard.syr.edu/~tmc

  5. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:10:33 GMT, "Phil M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] (Covergirl) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    >> motivation...any suggestions?
    >
    >Tell him to put on some shorts. Other than that, maybe find an indoor track, or get some serious
    >cold weather running gear and head outdoors.
    you folks that cry about motivation. you've got plenty to think about when you're running. it's your
    time for yourself. plan your day. plan your supper. relax the muscles in your body one by one.
    mentally move around in your body feeling how things feel (like, do you feel the shorts flapping, do
    you feel your hams tightening and loosening?), so much.

    don't read. don't watch tv. go inside. ...thehick

  6. Drlith

    Drlith Guest

    "Covergirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Help! I live in a freezing cold, arctic, god-forsaken part of the US. In order to maintain my
    > health and safety I am currently running on a treadmill at the fitness center - desperately trying
    > to maintain my
    > 4/week running fix.
    >
    > I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    > motivation...any suggestions?

    Some guy was touting the advantages of running backwards on the t'mill. Then you could stare at the
    jiggly boobs of the gal behind you. If you're not motivated by sweaty guy-butts, maybe jiggly girl-
    boobs wil do the trick!

  7. Isn't your own enormous hinder motivation enough?

  8. [email protected] (Covergirl) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Help! I live in a freezing cold, arctic, god-forsaken part of the US. In order to maintain my
    > health and safety I am currently running on a treadmill at the fitness center - desperately trying
    > to maintain my
    > 4/week running fix.
    >
    > I'm tired of staring at the sweaty butt of the guy on the stationary bike in front of me. I need
    > motivation...any suggestions?
    >
    > cg

    Sure. First you send me nude pics, then I stalk you, and I guarantee you will run faster than ever
    before knowing I'm right behind you.
    :?)~

  9. Wholovesya?

    Wholovesya? Guest

    [email protected] (........ ...........) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    WHO WAS IT, THREATENED THE PRESIDENT?

    WHO ADVOCATED AID TO TERRORISTS?

    YEP, our own BILL DAVIDSON, just one day after the 9-11 attack, while the victims were
    still burning.
    "we should bomb that pathetic excuse for a man too, or at least give his location to every terrorist
    group we can find, and let them take him out. Just what we need in the white house, a coked-up
    dopehead running the country".

    From: MrRobotTow ([email protected]) Subject: Re: The Only Thing Newsgroups:
    rec.music.makers.bagpipe Date: 2001-09-12 03:00:32 PST

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pathetic+pea-brain+mrrobottow&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
    8&selm=20010912055959.21715.00001917%40mb-fi.aol.com&rnum=3

    YO! Homeland Security dudes: KEY PHRASES! BOMB "WHITE HOUSE" "TERRORIST GROUP"

    THERE'S YER ANTISOCIAL NUT CASE, RIGHT THERE! COULD BE another John Hinckley. Check him out!

    This US citizen publicly called for AID to TERRORISTS: IS HIS NAME ON YOUR LIST? Check him out!

    To long-suffering RMMB contributors: DO COPY AND PASTE this message. THEN use it to REPLY anytime
    you have an urge to respond to the NOT-REALLY-ANNONYMOUS troll on RMMB and rec.running. (Why, YES,
    Bill Davidson, the source of thousands of lowlife postings under dozens of account names, is also
    "TheBillRodgers" and his clones.

    Will Bill's own words amuse him as much as they amuse us? WILL THEY AMUSE OTHERS? Let's find out.
    Let's be sure BILL gets the attention he deserves and craves.

    COPY, PASTE, REPLY to our TROLL. IT'S THAT EASY