Trek 1.2 vs Trek 1.5 vs Cannondale Caad 8 vs Specialized Allez Sport/Original

poopyluke

Jun 26, 2014
Hi everyone!

You could say I'm new to cycling, but really I've been cycling for around 2 years now, but never really got into it seriously. I just recently wanted to sort of get better and competitive and later try some short races and maybe even some longer ones. The bike I have been using for the past few years is a Mercier Bicycle and it's a bit more than 60 years old (One guy didn't believe me, but trust me it is) considering it was my grandfathers bicycle, but moved it here to California from France because it was at risk of being stolen in Paris since it was a very nice bike. I wanted a pretty cheap entry level bike. My Max would be probably $1,100. Except I can go up to whatever the 1.5 is going to cost if I need to, but most likely no. My bike I have now is a bit annoying to ride considering it's a collectable and I don't really want to push hard on it with fear of component failures or something. And I also want to get clip less pedals, but not wanting to modify my older bike in anyway is another reason. Which one is best?