Trek 1.5?

RedRider2009

Nov 24, 2007
Hello, I am definetly going to buy a new road bike in the beginning of June, I realize that I have a lot of time to think still, but I am wondering what anybody thinks about the Trek 1.5. I have done quite a bit of looking around, and I wanted to step up to a bike which doesn't have beginner components, but I can spend more than about 1200 dollars. If you have any suggestions or comments about this bike, or other considerations for me they would be appreciated. Thanks!

RedRider2009 said:
Hello, I am definetly going to buy a new road bike in the beginning of June, I realize that I have a lot of time to think still, but I am wondering what anybody thinks about the Trek 1.5. I have done quite a bit of looking around, and I wanted to step up to a bike which doesn't have beginner components, but I can spend more than about 1200 dollars. If you have any suggestions or comments about this bike, or other considerations for me they would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bike fit is the most important thing, followed by YOUR impression of the ride qualities. Components are a relatively minor thing to consider. Frame, fork, reliable wheels, comfy saddle(that is most effected by fit), good bike shop that does a fit, good service after the sale.

I think that I'd either go down a model or up a model.

It looks to me like the main thing you get over the 1.2 is the low spoke count wheels. That's a real visable upgrade just not one I'm be particularly interested in.

If you go up to the 2.1 you get Tiagra shifters that don't have the thumb button. I HATE the thumb button.