trek 1000 vs cannondale R400 Triple

Mark Watkins

Guest
How does the Cannondale R400 Triple compare to the Trek 1000 as an entry level road bike? I'll be
biking 10-20 miles per day on moderately hilly territory for fun and exercise. I average about 15
MPH over the long haul now on my 15 year old Schwinn Le Tour.

In article <[email protected]>, mark watkins <[email protected]> wrote:

> How does the Cannondale R400 Triple compare to the Trek 1000 as an entry level road bike? I'll be
> biking 10-20 miles per day on moderately hilly territory for fun and exercise. I average about 15
> MPH over the long haul now on my 15 year old Schwinn Le Tour.

They're both good bikes by good companies. Cannondale has had some financial problems lately (like a
lot of companies) but those are really from the bad idea of trying to build motorcycles. No one
seriously believes the Bicycle side in in trouble.

2-3 hours a day on hilly terrain? Choose the one that fits you better. If you don't know how to work
this out for yourself, first do some reading here on the internet so you can converse in common
terms and then find a trustworth fitter. Not a "can you see the front hub?" fitter but a measured
your body and or put you on the serrota fit cycle type fit. I'll cost 50-100 dollars but most shops
will apply it to the purchase price when you do in fact buy the cycle from them. If you aren't sure
who the good fitters in the area are. Head to the nearest local bike store (LBS) even a bad one and
find out who the local clubs are. Go to ride start 20 minutes early and start asking if they know
who the good fitters are. Don't worry about friendliness. Almost NO bike rider can resist showing
away about how much they know.

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:21:15 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, mark watkins <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> How does the Cannondale R400 Triple compare to the Trek 1000 as an entry level road bike? I'll be
>> biking 10-20 miles per day on moderately hilly territory for fun and exercise. I average about 15
>> MPH over the long haul now on my 15 year old Schwinn Le Tour.
>

> They're both good bikes by good companies. Cannondale has had some financial problems lately (like
> a lot of companies) but those are really from the bad idea of trying to build motorcycles. No one
> seriously believes the Bicycle side in in trouble.
>

> 2-3 hours a day on hilly terrain? Choose the one that fits you better. If you don't know how to
> work this out for yourself, first do some reading here on the internet so you can converse in
> common terms and then find a trustworth fitter. Not a "can you see the front hub?" fitter

I know this isn't the best method, but on both my Trek (15 years old) and my LeMond (a few months
old), this is exactly the position I have. Now, the LeMond fits much better in the rear, so I find
it strange that I can't see the hub on either bike when I'm in the drops, but that's the way it is.

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply