Trek 1200C or 1800C

rcombs

Nov 4, 2003
I'm thinking of getting a comfort road bike next spring. Did some looking at the Trek 1200C and 1800C. Looks like about $500 difference in price. Is the 1800C that much better? Why or why not?

Originally posted by rcombs
I'm thinking of getting a comfort road bike next spring. Did some looking at the Trek 1200C and 1800C. Looks like about $500 difference in price. Is the 1800C that much better? Why or why not?

I went to TREKS website to see just what bicycles you where talking about..... If cost is not a problem for you. It's my opinion you'd be better off with the 1800C. It has better components, Ultegra, better wheels, better everything in general, if memory serves.
It also gets down to how much you plan to use the bike. Better equipment generally functions better longer with less problem.
That's my 2 cents worth. Hope this helps you out some!
Later,

AF

I concur! I just bought a TREK 1500 and I love it! I could've saved a little money and bought the 1200, but I want to race next Spring. So, I went for the better bike. And the 1500 flies!!! I am very happy with it. The bike shop owner told me he never hears anyone say, "...I wish I would've bought less bike." more the opposite..."...I wish I would've bought a little more bike." Just my 2 cents! But, you can't go wrong with TREK (or Cannondale in my opinion!)

Good luck with your choice!