Trek 1400 or Giant OCR1

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Gazza, Jul 31, 2004.

  1. Gazza

    Gazza Guest

    I have made up my mind, and its down to these 2 road bikes.
    Which one should I buy ?
    Its my first Road Bike.
    Both are the same price, and both have the same gears the Shimano 105.

    Any advice would be great, maybe some owners.
    Thanks,
    Garry Pederson

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Within a couple of weeks you should also have the extra choice of the 2005
    OCR1 aswell.
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~ideal/05OCR1.jpg
    You lose the 105 chainset to a Truvativ Elita but get a carbon rear end, 500
    wheelset, SPD-sl pedals , colour white & carbon.
    Steve @ IDEAL

    "Gazza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have made up my mind, and its down to these 2 road bikes.
    > Which one should I buy ?
    > Its my first Road Bike.
    > Both are the same price, and both have the same gears the Shimano 105.
    >
    > Any advice would be great, maybe some owners.
    > Thanks,
    > Garry Pederson

  3. Sojourn100

    Sojourn100 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2004
    G'day,

    I am in the same boat - don't know what to get....keep me in the loop

  4. bfra1

    bfra1 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2003
    Hi Garry,

    I bought a Trek 1400 in dec 2003 and have loved every minute on the bike. I ride between 50-200 k p/week (in all weather) and I have never had any problems with the bike.

    I haven't had any experience with Giant Bikes.

    Good Luck.
    Brad.