trek 1400

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by riser, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riser

riser New Member

Just started in triathlon racing and am looking for a bike. A trek 1400 with ultegra 9 speed is what I am looking at secondhand. Would this be a good entry level bike, what advantages disadvantages?????? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers

Tags:

2. Cletus75

Cletus75 New Member

So long as it fits you properly and is in good condition it would be more than up the job for an entry level bike. It sounds like the groupset has been upgraded so wear in the cassette/chain hopefully shouldn't be a big issue.

Second-hand is a great way to start, just in case the tri-bug doesn't catch you, plus a non-tri-specific bike gives you more flexibiliy to try road-racing events as well.

3. Aussie cycler

Aussie cycler New Member

Ditto what Cletus says.....

I have a Trek 2300 as my Tri bike. Full Ultegra is great. I have tried Tiagra and this is a huge step up. We have a number of people in the club who race 1400's. They have done nothing to them in two years apart from buying a set of aero race wheels (Ksyriums, Rolf's etc).

Look at a set of aero bars too as they make a big difference to comfort and speed in anything over about 20kms.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.