TREk 1500 - experience

asafd, yes.. if I remember correctly, Trek's line up of frames is roughly as follows, from cheapest to most expensive:

Alpha SL (1000 series frames/bikes)
ZR9000 alloy (2000 series frames/bikes)
OCLV120 (5000 series frames/bikes)
OCLV110 (5900 Superlight frame)

By the way, "Low-end" doesn't at all mean that it's a poor quality frame; it's just a simpler-to-manufacture design with less exotic materials, and won't be as light/stiff/etc. as their higher end product..

e.g. the Alpha SL frames are made out of basic aluminium and machine-made in Taiwan, whereas the others are hand-made in the U.S. out of more exotic alloys or carbon fibre.

Originally posted by rek
asafd, yes.. if I remember correctly, Trek's line up of frames is roughly as follows, from cheapest to most expensive:

Alpha SL (1000 series frames/bikes)
ZR9000 alloy (2000 series frames/bikes)
OCLV120 (5000 series frames/bikes)
OCLV110 (5900 Superlight frame)

By the way, "Low-end" doesn't at all mean that it's a poor quality frame; it's just a simpler-to-manufacture design with less exotic materials, and won't be as light/stiff/etc. as their higher end product..

e.g. the Alpha SL frames are made out of basic aluminium and machine-made in Taiwan, whereas the others are hand-made in the U.S. out of more exotic alloys or carbon fibre.
hi again!!
thats all make sence!! your information is excellent!
thank you very much
ASAF

If you still need help, go over the 1500. Probably best value for money spent for a beginner. Since you are in Israel, you get the full ultegra, which is a great addition to the al frame.

And by now, the 2004 version is probably on sale, since the 2005 is going out any minute (I would stick with the 2004, although the 2005 frame apparently has a little advantage, and I fell in love with the color scheme)

I bought a 2005 TREK 1500 in August and have been having a blast ever since. I have only a short time of experience with TREK, but feel it is a quality bike and the 1500 certainly fits into my budget. I also have a 2003 TREK 4900