Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Trek 1500 team logo

Started by badfish · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,620 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
13 August 2006
Last activity
14 August 2006
Original author
badfish
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,620
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This may sound a little silly but I was wandering if the Discovery Channel logo that appears on the Trek 1500 is removable or not. The LBS seemed to think that its most likely a sticker but has probably been clear-coated over. I hate to say it but this may play a role in my decision as to wether or not I purchase the bike.

    Thanks

  2. badfish said:

    This may sound a little silly but I was wandering if the Discovery Channel logo that appears on the Trek 1500 is removable or not. The LBS seemed to think that its most likely a sticker but has probably been clear-coated over. I hate to say it but this may play a role in my decision as to wether or not I purchase the bike.

    Thanks


    I just bought that bike. Will be arriving this week and I'll be getting fitted for it. Honestly, who cares about the color or stickers on the bike. I chose it cause it was a good value and in my price range for a first bike. It was also a good size for my body size. Don't be so concerned with how pretty it looks or you'll find yourself buying matching shorts, jerseys, shoes, hats, sunglasses, socks, underwear and ipod that all says DISCOVERY CHANNEL on it. Not sure if there's a term for this type of cyclist, but for motorcyclists, we call them SQUIDS.

  3. ^^I'm thinking thats exactly what he doesn't want to do. I have have its, its a really nice bicycle IMO. Don't let the logo discourage you from getting it if it fits right for you(u did try a few others bicycle right?) and is in ur price range. Only thing I wish I could do is charge Discovery for the free advertising:p

  4. The 2007 1500's come in Red as well; if you can hang on for the LBS to get one. They just released the specs to the dealers and inventory may be low right now.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.