Trek 1500 VS Cannondale R500

egjeep2003

Sep 20, 2004
Hello all. I am a newbie when it comes to road biking. I have been mountain biking for years. But the older I get the more it hurts. I have started my research into a decent entry level road bike. I would like to know some opinions before I check out the local bike store that carries both bikes. Thanks.
Brian

egjeep2003 said:
Hello all. I am a newbie when it comes to road biking. I have been mountain biking for years. But the older I get the more it hurts. I have started my research into a decent entry level road bike. I would like to know some opinions before I check out the local bike store that carries both bikes. Thanks.
Brian
I would also investigate the various Sequoia models (depending on your budget) from Specialized. I recently purchased the Sequoia Elite and love it.

egjeep2003 said:
Brian

Trek 1500 is a fine bike. It surprises me after every ride I´ve had, and also after some racing. So much that my father is also going to buy one after he saw mine. (His actual ride is a Pinarello Galileo, but European bikes are too much expensive right now, and he is looking for a more recreational bike...but it does the job at racing!!)

Don´t know about the R500 to help you.

I have riden the Trek 1200 and just bought a new 1200 which should arrive any day now. It is the same bike as the 1500 with a few lesser components. I really liek the geometry for long rides and the shimano components that it comes with suite me very well.

egjeep2003 said:
Brian
I bought a Trek 1500 last Spring and have been very happy with it. Only issue was getting used to the gears (only derailed once going uphill), but once I got past that, it has been a fun and comfortable ride.

Is there any place to buy a Trek 1500 online? I have been looking and found nothing. I talked to a friend who rides a lot and he said to buy one online and have the lbs put it together and do the maintenance? Does this sound right? Thanks

egjeep2003 said:
Is there any place to buy a Trek 1500 online? I have been looking and found nothing. I talked to a friend who rides a lot and he said to buy one online and have the lbs put it together and do the maintenance? Does this sound right? Thanks
Trek does not sell online.