Trek 2300 max tyre width...

I use a Trek 2300 (2003 model) with Ultegra calipers for commuting. I
need some new tyres and would like to slip on a pair of 28mm wide if
they will fit. Due to my location I have to buy my stuff online and
have it delivered and so I'm reluctant to buy a pair of 28mm wide tyres
if there is not enough clearance for them. It looks as though there is
*just* enough space, but I thought I would ask if anybody else uses
this bike model and have they have fitted 28mm wide tyres?

Thanks,

[email protected] wrote:
> I use a Trek 2300 (2003 model) with Ultegra calipers for commuting. I
> need some new tyres and would like to slip on a pair of 28mm wide if
> they will fit. Due to my location I have to buy my stuff online and
> have it delivered and so I'm reluctant to buy a pair of 28mm wide tyres
> if there is not enough clearance for them. It looks as though there is
> *just* enough space, but I thought I would ask if anybody else uses
> this bike model and have they have fitted 28mm wide tyres?

In case anyone else has a similar query; I managed to rustle up one
(1!) 28 wide tyre and tried it. It fits fine, there is plenty of
clearance. So now I just need to decide which ones to buy...

Nige