Trek 5000 or Lemond Zurich?

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:36:13 GMT, <NDZJc.93713$MB3.5205@attbi_s04>,
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:

>And hey -- tomorrow's STP 2004! I am so so so very psyched! Husband's
>upstairs right now, cooking me up the spaghetti dinner.

Then tell him to start warming the oil for your leg massage
--
zk

Claire Petersky wrote:
> I rode a WSD Specialized Dolce Elite in Vegas a
> couple of weeks ago, and if the handlebars had been raised up about 3/4" (I
> like a more upright position while on the tops), it would have been a great
> fit. I'd consider the Dolce Comp, maybe the Terry Isis -- if you have
> suggestions, I'm listening. I'll probably go shopping after I finish RSVP
> the first week of August.

Heavens, I wouldn't presume to make suggestions, but shouldn't the
2005's be coming out in August? I'm more or less waiting around for
that, at least in part because at this point, none of the local shops
have any real selection in women-specific bikes.

The Dolce Comp looks sweet. So does the Isis, on paper -- no Terry
dealer around here. I was waiting on the 2005 Treks until the store
treated me like shoe scrapings, but I think I'll give them a miss now.
Cannondale has a TdF-tested frame or two (but obviously not the
women-specific versions) and the R1000 looks pretty nice. I've heard
that Lemonds are *very* comfortable, but the name leaves a bad taste
after Greg's comments the other day (sheesh!).

Fit is obviously the main concern, but the service provided by the shop
is a consideration for me too. I frankly *liked* the folks at the local
Cannondale shop better than any of the other shops I wandered into.

Me, I'm after a road bike that rides a century comfortably (my main
goal). When I get closer to actually shopping for one, I'll probably be
seeking suggestions myself.

--
the black rose
GO LANCE GO!!!

"Kaputnik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Perhaps we can agree on one thing. Arguing with fools is a waste of
> time. We'll just have to disagree on who the fool is.

RFC1855 says it's you.

--

A: Top-posters.

On 17 Jul 2004 16:04:48 -0700, [email protected] (Dan Chatten)
wrote:

>Just say NO to any Lemond!

LeMond bicycles are made by Trek. Greg LeMond has no interest in those
bikes, other than his name being on them. Not at least considering a
LeMond, may deprive the buyer of a bike that is a good fit for them.

I didn't hear the comments, that have some so upset, but they won't
interfere with me enjoying my ride time on my Trek made Tourmalet.

Life is Good!
Jeff

>So why are you BOTTOM posting then? Because you wanted people to know what
>the hell you were replying to, that's why.

I bottom posted because I knew how much top-posting bothered you - I was
respecting your wishes.

And, I will probably continue to bottom post for the same reason. You seem
very upset by any change to top-posting, I don't really care THAT much, and
life is short.

Have a good day.

http://members.aol.com/foxcondorsrvtns
(Colorado rental condo)

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox
(Family Web Page)

Denver C. Fox wrote:
{I wrote the next thing, BTW}

>> So why are you BOTTOM posting then? Because you wanted people to
>> know what the hell you were replying to, that's why.

> I bottom posted because I knew how much top-posting bothered you - I
> was respecting your wishes.

But...but...you were replying to *MP*, not me. I still submit you did it so
people would understand the "flow" of the conversation (a good thing, as
Martha might say).

> And, I will probably continue to bottom post for the same reason.
> You seem very upset by any change to top-posting, I don't really care
> THAT much, and life is short.

I usually only comment on it when replying to some other aspect of the post.
Can't recall ever replying JUST to complain about top-posting. I'm really
not THAT vexed about it :) (except when it makes responding in a thread much
more complicated than should be the case).

> Have a good day.

And you as well.

Bill "apparently all-powerful" S.

the black rose <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Claire Petersky wrote:
> > I rode a WSD Specialized Dolce Elite in Vegas a
> > couple of weeks ago, and if the handlebars had been raised up about 3/4" (I
> > like a more upright position while on the tops), it would have been a great
> > fit. I'd consider the Dolce Comp, maybe the Terry Isis -- if you have
> > suggestions, I'm listening. I'll probably go shopping after I finish RSVP
> > the first week of August.

> Heavens, I wouldn't presume to make suggestions, but shouldn't the
> 2005's be coming out in August?

Exactamonte, my dear Black Rose -- and thus, the 2004s go on clearance.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Claire Petersky wrote:
> the black rose <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Claire Petersky wrote:
>>
>>>I rode a WSD Specialized Dolce Elite in Vegas a
>>>couple of weeks ago, and if the handlebars had been raised up about 3/4" (I
>>>like a more upright position while on the tops), it would have been a great
>>>fit. I'd consider the Dolce Comp, maybe the Terry Isis -- if you have
>>>suggestions, I'm listening. I'll probably go shopping after I finish RSVP
>>>the first week of August.

>>Heavens, I wouldn't presume to make suggestions, but shouldn't the
>>2005's be coming out in August?

> Exactamonte, my dear Black Rose -- and thus, the 2004s go on clearance.

Yup. I just wish any LBS around here had a 2004 in my size. *sigh* I
hear there's a jump in price on bikes with Ultegra components with the
2005's. Apparently they're new and improved Ultegra components for
2005. Or something like that. (Please forgive me if I'm being ignorant.)

Cycling seems to be pretty popular around my area, so there aren't many
road bikes left in any of the shops, period. I mean, we're talking, you
walk into a large bike shop and there are 3 or 4 road bikes left. All
in odd sizes.

-km

--
the black rose