Trek 5000

drosen1962

Nov 8, 2009
Looking at purchasing a used Trek 5000 bike. I test drove a specialized roubais elite compact, but really dont want to spend 3k. I am getting back into cycling after a few years and wanted a carbon bike. This has a lot of the shimano 105 components with an upgraded whell set. I am also trying to avoid buying a bike and then a year later wanting to upgrade. I can get this bike which I believe is a 2007 model for around 1300.00. any thoughts would be great.

drosen1962 said:
Looking at purchasing a used Trek 5000 bike. I test drove a specialized roubais elite compact, but really dont want to spend 3k. I am getting back into cycling after a few years and wanted a carbon bike. This has a lot of the shimano 105 components with an upgraded whell set. I am also trying to avoid buying a bike and then a year later wanting to upgrade. I can get this bike which I believe is a 2007 model for around 1300.00. any thoughts would be great.
The 5000 was a good bike, but was replaced by the Madone 5.0 line well before 2007, so it is older if indeed a 5000. I had a 2007 Madone SL 5.2 with Ultegra and a Dura Ace rear derailleru, all stock, that I sold in January for $1690. A 5000 with 105 is a good bike, but I would say not worth more than $800 to $900, depending on the year. Verify what you are looking at. If the wheels are really special, it might be worth more than I said.

Have a Trek 5000 56 frame, Shimano derailer, brontrager seat, air pump
Want to sell, have a pic, rode about 500 miles

Originally Posted by jsanford .

Have a Trek 5000 56 frame, Shimano derailer, brontrager seat, air pump
Want to sell, have a pic, rode about 500 miles
Then post an ad in the classifieds on this site, on eBay, or on Craigslist. Don't post it here in the forums.

Originally Posted by cannondalebike3 .

Hi I'm a teenage road cyclist. I'm not able some of the right cycling gear i want so it would really help if some of you could like this video. http://www.facebook.com/BehindTHEBarriers/posts/265298973531161
If I get enough likes then I win a competition for which the prize includes all the gear i need. Your help will be much appreciated and it will take a second to do. the video took me a long time to make and you liking would make it all worth it. Thank you.
Is there a bike forum you didn't spam?