Trek 5200 (2003)

BikingRyan said:
Opinions? Is this a good bike - is $1000 a reasonable price?

What's it got for a component group? Wheels? Assuming at the worst 105 and it's in nice shape 1k is a good price.

Best bet for finding out the prevailing price on any item is to search on eBay and check the "completed listings" option.

capwater said:
What's it got for a component group? Wheels? Assuming at the worst 105 and it's in nice shape 1k is a good price.

Best bet for finding out the prevailing price on any item is to search on eBay and check the "completed listings" option.
WHEELS:
WHEELS: Bontrager Race Lite: 23mm semi-deep front rim provides excellent aero; 21mm rear rim w/OSB improves lateral rigidity, prolongs wheel life; Fully serviceable Swiss-made rear hub w/cartridge and needle bearings; Cro-Moly skewers; Stiff, 14G bladed spokes; 740 g, 20h front/1020 g, 24h rear

COMPONENTS:
SADDLE: Selle San Marco Era Luxe, Cro-Moly rails
SEATPOST: Bontrager Race
HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Race
STEM: Bontrager Race, 7°
HEADSET: Cane Creek S-2 1-1/8" AHS

DRIVETRAIN:
SHIFTERS: Shimano Ultegra STI
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra
CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra 53/39
CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra 12-25, 9spd

OTHER:
BRAKESET: Shimano Ultegra

Only 400 miles on it.

cmoore992002 said:
Sounds like a great deal to me. Does the bike fit you?

Did it "fall off the back of a truck"? Awesome deal, assuming it fits. Just remember that if it doesn't fit it's no deal at any price (unless you flip it).

Haha - it was fraud and the guy nearly took me for $1000. I found the bike on roadbikereview.com in the classifieds.

I contacted the guy - told me he was going to go through a broker to get things done, which I was fine with. A company called TNT - they are out of London.

I received the invoice from TNT - the give away that it was fraud was in the email address - the invoice should have come from [email protected], but the email I receive came from [email protected]. I called up TNT and they confirmed it was fraud.

I used to work in internet security and I have managed to track whomever it is - interesting how they managed to map to multiple emails to trick buyers.

All I have to says is watch out.

BikingRyan said:
Haha - it was fraud and the guy nearly took me for $1000. I found the bike on roadbikereview.com in the classifieds.

I contacted the guy - told me he was going to go through a broker to get things done, which I was fine with. A company called TNT - they are out of London.

I received the invoice from TNT - the give away that it was fraud was in the email address - the invoice should have come from [email protected], but the email I receive came from [email protected]. I called up TNT and they confirmed it was fraud.

I used to work in internet security and I have managed to track whomever it is - interesting how they managed to map to multiple emails to trick buyers.

All I have to says is watch out.
Somebody posted on another thread about the rampant fraud on eBay.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.