trek 5500 postal Fork

Curb

Oct 24, 2007
Looking for a trek 5500 postal front fork that has a lot the steerer top tube left on it. When I purchase mine a while ago, it was cut to short. willing to pay a good price for it if anyone has one.

Curb said:
Looking for a trek 5500 postal front fork that has a lot the steerer top tube left on it. When I purchase mine a while ago, it was cut to short. willing to pay a good price for it if anyone has one.
You can certainly get a replacement fork from your LBS ... or, if you are patient, you can get one on eBay.

If you don't need/want a TREK fork, then there are several replacements which are probably as-good-or-better (in no particular order):

Alpha Q, Kestrel, LOOK, Reynolds, etc.​

Thanks, I was trying to preserve the same postal look. (Lance's old bike). I have considered another mfg fork and ebay dont have any listed. If you remember, or can picture lance's postal bike when he first came back to the tour after cancer rehib, you can see that any other fork would look seriously out of place. This is the bike that has the bold red, white and blue trek stickers all over the frame and fork!

alfeng said:
You can certainly get a replacement fork from your LBS ... or, if you are patient, you can get one on eBay.

If you don't need/want a TREK fork, then there are several replacements which are probably as-good-or-better (in no particular order):

Alpha Q, Kestrel, LOOK, Reynolds, etc.​