Trek 6500 DE

QuestorUK

Feb 24, 2005
Hi, first post so I hope you're all helpful ;)

I'm about to get a bike as part of the British Governments Green Transport Scheme - basically i can get 55% off the RRP of the bike so I want a pretty decent one.
I can get the Trek 6500 DE for around £300 (RRP £600) through this deal, and the bike looks very nice.
Does anyone have any opinions about this bike - or could recommend any others in around the same price range?
I've not ridden for a few years so any help greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
Jon

I have a Trek 6500 mountain bike. I bought it in 99 or 2000. It was my first mountain bike. I stuck a couple of clipless pedals on it and I love the bike. It is a rock solid entry level bike that you can certainly take on some rough trails. It has very predictable handling and will always let you know who is in control.

Don't think twice.

Go buy it.

QuestorUK said:
Hi, first post so I hope you're all helpful ;)

I'm about to get a bike as part of the British Governments Green Transport Scheme - basically i can get 55% off the RRP of the bike so I want a pretty decent one.
I can get the Trek 6500 DE for around £300 (RRP £600) through this deal, and the bike looks very nice.
Does anyone have any opinions about this bike - or could recommend any others in around the same price range?
I've not ridden for a few years so any help greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
Jon
Sorry to be a bit thick but whats the Governments green transport scheme that gives 55% off a new bike?- does it work nationwide? cos i want a new bike