Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Trek 7.2 FX vs. Specialized Globe

Started by silvanator · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,104 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
6 June 2007
Last activity
7 June 2007
Original author
silvanator
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,104
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,
    I was looking at a hybrid bike between $300 and $500, if not less. I'm a novice rider and am looking to use the bike for riding 2-5 miles daily but need a bike that would be ready to go 20-40 miles if needed. The two that I have been researching are the Trek 7.2 FX ($429.99) and the Specialized Globe ($410). If anyone could help me with my decision or give me any other ideas, that would be great. Thanks.

  2. I owned a Trek 7.3 disc and thought it was a very respectable ride.

  3. BigUgly,

    How is the riding position on the 7.2/7.3 FX? What size do you recommend for me (I'm 5'2)? Also, where is the best place to get the best price?

  4. This is an international forum so I'm not sure where you are from, and I'm 6'1". Best thing to do is go to your local bike shop and look around, ask questions and go from there. If you're looking for deals maybe e-bay or craigslist. I found the riding position alright at first untill my rides got longer, 50k, as I became more fit. I then found that I wanted more options in body and hand positions and went to a road bike.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.