Trek 7.6 v Specialized Sirrus Comp

nohelmet

Sep 21, 2006
Hi everyone,

Had a Ridgeback stolen a month or so ago and would like some help purchasing a replacement.

I'm considering the Trek 7.6 FX and the Specialized Sirrus Comp. I'll be commuting about 10 miles each way and don't intend to go off road at all.

Any opinions about quality,reliabilty etc appreciated

thanks

C

I have a sirrus sport, and it is great, but you might be in trouble. They just rolled out the new line of bikes, and specialized revamped the sirrus. It's now more of a hybrid and less of a flat-bar road bike.

On the other hand, you might be able to pick up a 2006 for a deal. It's a great bike.

I can't comment on the Trek, but I bought the Comp a few months ago and am absolutley loving it. I use it on weekends for 20km - 120km road rides. I use a cheap specialized mountain bike for daily commuting abuse on London roads. The speed difference and more aggressive handling when moving from the mtb to the Comp amazed me, and I wondered if I shouldn't have gone for a road bike, but the Comp is comfy, and I do fear riding a road bike on London's roads. I think the Comp must be about as close to a road bike as a hybrid can get. Anyway, that's just the one side of your question, hope it helps a bit.