Trek 7.7FX - what's a good (or better) alternative

Kocsis

Nov 6, 2005
Trying to find a rather stable, but still quick and comfortable bike for my wife. Couple of friends suggested above; seems quite nice but wanted to compare to others with flatbar and comparable ride. Any suggestions?

Kocsis said:
Trying to find a rather stable, but still quick and comfortable bike for my wife. Couple of friends suggested above; seems quite nice but wanted to compare to others with flatbar and comparable ride. Any suggestions?
As far as flatbar/fitness type bikes go, I don't think there are many better spec'd than the 7.7FX. Others to consider would include:
- Specialized Sirrus Pro
- Specializes Sequoia Expert
- Trek 5.2 Flatbar

Besides models already suggested, look at Giant, Cannondale, etc. Whatever brands of bikes are most-sold where you are. Since most shops can only carry a few lines of bikes, and there are so many brands out there, what brand you get depends on what is available in your area. Most major bike makers have models of that type. The Trek 7.6 FX WSD might be more suitable as it's WSD.

Insight Driver said:
The Trek 7.6 FX WSD might be more suitable as it's WSD.
Good point on the WSD (Women's Specific Design?)...that could be a major factor in choosing this bike.

The 7.6FX WSD is sweet! What a great ride. I love it. Light as a feather, fun to ride. I highly recommend it.

Kocsis said:
I've got a Trek 7.2FX, lowest in the Trek FX line of bikes, and I love it. I ride it to school and back every day, and I rode it in the BP MS-150 (182 miles over two days) and it performed beautifully. It definitely outperforms its cost.

I can only imagine the ride quality on the 7.7, but you may even wanna consider lower-cost model in that line of bikes, because they are truly great values.

Kocsis said:
The Cannondale Bad Boy comes to mind also. With the Headshock fork and a set of 700 x 28's on it, it is a sweet ride. I tried one for a test ride, but my better half didn't think I need another ride. I still disagree...:mad:

Walrus said:
As far as flatbar/fitness type bikes go, I don't think there are many better spec'd than the 7.7FX. Others to consider would include:
- Specialized Sirrus Pro
- Specializes Sequoia Expert
- Trek 5.2 Flatbar
I'm gonna 2nd the recommendation on the Spec Sirrus Pro, or Spec Sirrus Women's. But, the 7.7 is a sweet bike.