Trek 7300 or Specialized Crossroads?

thimble

Sep 9, 2010
Having a really hard time deciding which bicycle to buy.

Mostly weekend riding on dedicated rail and bike trails, some city use, maybe 500 miles year. I'm middle aged (geesh, that happened all to fast!), 195 lbs, a weekend warrier trying to stay in shape.

Both seem fine, Specialized has a slight edge for comfort and I enjoyed the 2004 version for years, but this one has a different feel than the 2004 did.

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Bike Path | 7300

Specialized Bicycle Components : Crossroads Sport

Thanks for any help!

thimble said:
Having a really hard time deciding which bicycle to buy.

Mostly weekend riding on dedicated rail and bike trails, some city use, maybe 500 miles year. I'm middle aged (geesh, that happened all to fast!), 195 lbs, a weekend warrier trying to stay in shape.

Both seem fine, Specialized has a slight edge for comfort and I enjoyed the 2004 version for years, but this one has a different feel than the 2004 did.

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Bike Path | 7300

Specialized Bicycle Components : Crossroads Sport

Thanks for any help!

I can't speak to the Specialized, but I have a 2001 Trek 7300 I picked up mid-June. Put new wheels and tires on it and it is great. I've put over 800 miles on since with not a single problem. Is a solid bike. I typically ride 4 days a week @ 25+ per ride. Almost exclusively on city streets and through neighborhoods.