Trek 7500 feed back first ride

will loose

Feb 11, 2012
I have taken my first ride on my new trek today roughly 2 miles of road and 6 miles rails to trails .On the road it performs a little like a fish out of water not terrible but not like the traits of a road bike it feels a little spongy even with the forks locked out i belive it may be due to the tires side wall and seems a little twitchy and i am sure my 290 pounds is a contributing factor to the road handling feelings. you definatley have to pedal this bike it is not a great roller of course i am sitting fairly upright and i have the wind resistance of a barn door. Now to all the good stuff it stops on a dime , shifting is quick and crisp. The is no flex in any part of this bike frame,crank,head set wich was huge concern for me at my weight . I unlocked the forks and hit the trail of compacted stone and cinder and this now turned in a well suited fish in water with the forks and the seat post the ride was great and parts of the trail is rough from winter here in Pennsylvania .the first 2 miles is a uphill grade wich the bike handeled great it allways seemed the gear ratio was spot on .I am very pleased with this bike on the trails i hade a great time im ready for tommorow to hit it again.. i am hoping as my cardio improves so will the feel of not rollling well as i will pedal harder or gain some cadence . I am a 48 eight year old male with diabetes i have been power lifting for 30 years .

Stick with it, and you're cardiovascular system will respond in a healthy way. Just don't overcompensate by eating a lot more. BTW, there are a number of websites and blogs for people that cycle with diabetes. They can be a great resource. Since I had my IDDM fixed, I deleted those bookmarks. However, with a little bit of Google magic, you should have no trouble finding such sites. Good luck.