trek 7500 or Cannondale 400

Zfc6e

Guest
Please help me to make the final decision of my first hybrid
bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520. Knowing
nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding. Thanks in
advance for all your help

[email protected] (zfc6e) wrote:
> Please help me to make the final decision of my first
> hybrid bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520.
> Knowing nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding.
> Thanks in advance for all your help

Either one sounds like it'd be plenty for what you're doing,
so if you're as inexperienced as you're making yourself out
to be, I'd save the $100 and get the (presumably lower-end)
Cannondale.

--
Available for images, words and tech.
http://dan.birchalls.net/ "You must be the change you wish

[email protected] (zfc6e) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Please help me to make the final decision of my first
> hybrid bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520.
> Knowing nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding.
> Thanks in advance for all your help

Well are you tied to those two bikes? If you are mostly
going to be doing bike paths in a local park I don't think
you will really benefit that much by having a bike with a
front suspension. Personally I like Jamis's Coda line...
they are a little more pavement oriented than the bikes you
mention... A normal fork but that means the bike is probably
a bit lighter :)

--
Bill

[email protected] (zfc6e) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Please help me to make the final decision of my first
> hybrid bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520.
> Knowing nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding.
> Thanks in advance for all your help

I think you are several hundred dollars above buying what
you actually need. And let's be honest, this bike will
probably see less than 100 miles before it is resigned to a
dark corner of the garage. I'd get a Trek 7200 or 7300 and
spend the $200-$300 I saved on accessories, a rack, and
some panniers.

Actually that's exactly what I did 18 months and 2100
miles ago.