trek 7500 or Cannondale 400

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Zfc6e, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Zfc6e

    Zfc6e Guest

    Please help me to make the final decision of my first hybrid
    bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520. Knowing
    nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding. Thanks in
    advance for all your help

    Tags:

  2. Dan Birchall

    Dan Birchall Guest

    [email protected] (zfc6e) wrote:
    > Please help me to make the final decision of my first
    > hybrid bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520.
    > Knowing nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding.
    > Thanks in advance for all your help

    Either one sounds like it'd be plenty for what you're doing,
    so if you're as inexperienced as you're making yourself out
    to be, I'd save the $100 and get the (presumably lower-end)
    Cannondale.

    --
    Available for images, words and tech.
    http://dan.birchalls.net/ "You must be the change you wish

  3. Bill McHale

    Bill McHale Guest

    [email protected] (zfc6e) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Please help me to make the final decision of my first
    > hybrid bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520.
    > Knowing nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding.
    > Thanks in advance for all your help

    Well are you tied to those two bikes? If you are mostly
    going to be doing bike paths in a local park I don't think
    you will really benefit that much by having a bike with a
    front suspension. Personally I like Jamis's Coda line...
    they are a little more pavement oriented than the bikes you
    mention... A normal fork but that means the bike is probably
    a bit lighter :)

    --
    Bill

  4. John

    John Guest

    [email protected] (zfc6e) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Please help me to make the final decision of my first
    > hybrid bike, Trek 7500, $620 or Cannondale 400, $520.
    > Knowing nothing about bike. Mainly used for park riding.
    > Thanks in advance for all your help

    I think you are several hundred dollars above buying what
    you actually need. And let's be honest, this bike will
    probably see less than 100 miles before it is resigned to a
    dark corner of the garage. I'd get a Trek 7200 or 7300 and
    spend the $200-$300 I saved on accessories, a rack, and
    some panniers.

    Actually that's exactly what I did 18 months and 2100
    miles ago.