Trek 7700

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Artoris

Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
this bike is appealing. Thanks.

Hi Artoris,

You had asked...

> Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
> usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
> this bike is appealing. Thanks.

I haven't messed with the 7700, but both my wife and I commute to work on 7500's and we like them
very much. Great bikes!

--gordy

I ride a 7300 and love it. Just my opinion, but the 7700 is a bit overkill for 7 - 10 miles. List is
over a grand. I ride at least 150 miles / wk on a bike costing half that. "Artoris"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
> usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on

"Artoris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

The Trek hybrids are an excellent value. I think the 7500 is a better deal, personally; but I really
liked the red and gold two-tone 7500fx from a couple of years ago. Great looking bike, great value.

The 7700 is pricey; but all bikes are cheap, relatively speaking. Get the one that you like, that
fits you the best, looks great and is fun to ride. That's what will keep you riding, and that's the
most important part. If your friends see your slick new bike, sees how much you love it, and wants
one for themselves, that's all the better. One more bike, one less car, and one more healthy, happy
cyclist keeping fit.

I would advise that an expensive bike may be more likely to get stolen; but a Kryptonite Evolution
U-lock and leash should take care of that problem. Trek paint is very tough; but if you lock it to
poles and such, it will get scratched.

Have fun with your new bike,

Barry

7500 is great too. Maybe add bar ends.

"Artoris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Testing

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:00:19 GMT, Artoris <[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
>usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
>this bike is appealing. Thanks.

Artoris,

I own a Trek 7700 and have put about 1,100 miles on the bike. I love the bike and it has been a
joy to own.

I am having some heavier duty wheels built this week for commuting on the bike. I am a pretty
heavy rider.

Email me if you have any specific questions.

Bill

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:00:19 GMT, Artoris <[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
>usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
>this bike is appealing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.