Trek 7700

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Artoris, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Artoris

    Artoris Guest

    Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
    usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
    this bike is appealing. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Hi Artoris,

    You had asked...

    > Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
    > usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
    > this bike is appealing. Thanks.

    I haven't messed with the 7700, but both my wife and I commute to work on 7500's and we like them
    very much. Great bikes!

    --gordy

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I ride a 7300 and love it. Just my opinion, but the 7700 is a bit overkill for 7 - 10 miles. List is
    over a grand. I ride at least 150 miles / wk on a bike costing half that. "Artoris"
    > Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
    > usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
    > this bike is appealing. Thanks.

  4. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "Artoris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
    > usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
    > this bike is appealing. Thanks.

    The Trek hybrids are an excellent value. I think the 7500 is a better deal, personally; but I really
    liked the red and gold two-tone 7500fx from a couple of years ago. Great looking bike, great value.

    The 7700 is pricey; but all bikes are cheap, relatively speaking. Get the one that you like, that
    fits you the best, looks great and is fun to ride. That's what will keep you riding, and that's the
    most important part. If your friends see your slick new bike, sees how much you love it, and wants
    one for themselves, that's all the better. One more bike, one less car, and one more healthy, happy
    cyclist keeping fit.

    I would advise that an expensive bike may be more likely to get stolen; but a Kryptonite Evolution
    U-lock and leash should take care of that problem. Trek paint is very tough; but if you lock it to
    poles and such, it will get scratched.

    Have fun with your new bike,

    Barry

  5. Privatelife

    Privatelife Guest

    7500 is great too. Maybe add bar ends.

    "Artoris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
    > usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
    > this bike is appealing. Thanks.

  6. Acme User

    Acme User Guest

    Testing

    On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:00:19 GMT, Artoris <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anybody have any experience with this hybrid bike? I'll be riding on Atlanta city streets. I
    >usually go 7 to 10 miles at a time and speed isn't that important. The idea of sitting upright on
    >this bike is appealing. Thanks.

  7. Acme User

    Acme User Guest

    Artoris,

    I own a Trek 7700 and have put about 1,100 miles on the bike. I love the bike and it has been a
    joy to own.

    I am having some heavier duty wheels built this week for commuting on the bike. I am a pretty
    heavy rider.

    Email me if you have any specific questions.

    Bill