Trek Computer

Mrvboop55

Guest
First let me say hi, am new to this group. Now problem at hand. Can anyone help me with a trek
computer that is about two years old. Battery finally died. But now I can't find directions to reset
the settings. Anyone know were I can get directions. Have been to trek site and did google search
but no help. Also no model number on thing.......TIA

In article <[email protected]>, MrVboop55 <[email protected]> wrote:
>First let me say hi, am new to this group. Now problem at hand. Can anyone help me with a trek
>computer that is about two years old. Battery finally died. But now I can't find directions to
>reset the settings. Anyone know were I can get directions. Have been to trek site and did google
>search but no help. Also no model number on thing.......TIA

Two suggestions:

1. Take the battery to Radio Shack.

2. Ask Trek or a Trek dealer.

--Paul

> First let me say hi, am new to this group. Now problem at hand. Can anyone help me with a trek
> computer that is about two years old. Battery finally died. But now I can't find directions to
> reset the settings. Anyone know were I can get directions. Have been to trek site and did
> google search
but
> no help. Also no model number on thing.......TIA

Which TREK computer?

The reality, however, is that with a small amount of trial & error it isn't that tough to figure out
how to set virtually any bike computer. Just push the reset button (almost always a small recessed
button on the back) for maybe five seconds, and it will usually cycle through it's setup mode. Most
computers have two buttons on the front; one is a mode button, the other for starting/stopping.
During setup, one button will be used for changing the value of the setting (wheel size, time of
day) and the other used to set it and move on to the next function.

Wheel size is almost always in cm per revolution, easily determined by rolling your wheel out on the
ground and measuring how far it travels. Use the valve as your marker; start with the valve on the
floor, and place something on the ground there. Roll through one revolution, place another marker,
and measure the distance between them. If the computer is asking for a four-digit number, and you
measure 207.5 cm, the number entered would be 2075. If 3-digit, lop off the least-significant digit
and round to the closest 3-digit number.

He should write a book then!

The Real Lee Casey

"Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Thank-you, you have been very helpful. I found exactly what I was looking for at the site.
>
> Its pretty hard to go wrong sending someone to www.sheldonbrown.com.
>
> Jon Isaacs

"The Real Lee Casey" <nosppam,@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> He should write a book then!
>
> The Real Lee Casey

He did. It's just online instead of print.

Pete

>"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

>Wheel size is almost always in cm per revolution, easily determined by rolling your wheel out on
>the ground and measuring how far it travels. Use the valve as your marker; start with the valve on
>the floor, and place something on the ground there. Roll through one revolution, place

>another marker, and measure the distance between them. If the computer is asking for a four-digit
>number, and you measure 207.5 cm, the number entered would be 2075. If 3-digit, lop off the
>least-significant digit and round to the

>closest 3-digit number.

The above method described by Mike is more accurate than using the number chart listing supplied in
the instructions that come with the computer, as manufacturer's tire sizing is not standard in the
industry. I have found that a more accurate measurement can be done if your tire (one with the
magnet on spokes) is pumped to your normal riding pressure and you have your weight on the bike when
you roll the bike it's one revolution.

Jim

> The above method described by Mike is more accurate than using the number
chart
> listing supplied in the instructions that come with the computer, as manufacturer's tire sizing is
> not standard in the industry. I have found
that
> a more accurate measurement can be done if your tire (one with the magnet
on
> spokes) is pumped to your normal riding pressure and you have your weight
on
> the bike when you roll the bike it's one revolution.

For even greater accuracy, go through two revolutions of the tire, and divide the result by two.
This will help reduce measuring errors.