Trek Emonda - Lightest Production Road Bike

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Trek have launched an all-new road bike, the Emonda, which is claimed to be the lightest production frame in the world.

Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN

The top of the range Emonda is a staggeringly light 10.2lbs, and Trek have created a number of products from scratch to make sure the bike gets to this weight.

0.jpg

About the Trek Emonda

Every detail of the Émonda line, from frame design to each component choice on every model, serves the same audacious goal: to create the lightest line of production road bikes ever offered.

The entire Émonda line is unbelievably light, with sensational ride-tuned balance and handling that elevate Trek ride performance to a whole new level.

Ultra lightweight
Émonda is the ultimate lightweight road racing machine, pushing the boundaries of what's possible for bicycle weight and ride performance.

OCLV Carbon technology
Nobody does carbon better than Trek. Only with our OCLV process can we fully integrate a complete bike system to create the lightest production bike in the world.

Ride-tuned performance
Émonda elevates Trek ride performance to a whole new level. Custom ride-tuned OCLV Carbon frame provides the perfect balance of stiffness and weight.

Lifetime warranty
Trek backs the lightest production road bike in the world with the best warranty in the world.

Photo Gallery

Where to buy?

Head over to http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/road/performance_race/emonda/

Just think how much lighter it would be with the Campy RS Ti group.

At the current rate of product development I think I'll live long enough to see the day a 10-pound gross weight racing bicycle will be the standard for amateur competition.

Approximately $16K for the top-of-the-line model and $10K for the SRAM equipped test-ride model according to the video.

But...if you have to ask...

And Specialized upped the ante with their McLaren Tarmac. Top of the line model a mere $20K. But you gotta move quick. Only 250 produced. $20k and you get Shimano and Roval wheels. They throw in a matching helmet and pair of shoes for your 20 large, though, so there's that. If shoes in Halloween colors float your boat. Bob, never fear, pretty soon Trek will probably offer a Project One build on the Enema (flushes out your bank account) with Campy available. :big-smile:

Lance must be laughing in his villa (the one he hasn't sold yet) knowing Trek is naming new models with anagrams for the hill he used for testing the effectiveness of of Dr. Ferrari's training regimens.

Project One is the only way Wreck sells a proper bicycle...Campy equipped!

Roval must have upped their game. They're being used in the Tour this year.

Screw the shoes & helmet. I'll buy the Trek when it comes with two years of free EPO.

These price tags blow my mind. Suzuki can sell a 200mph sport bike for less money than some of these companies sell a pedal bike. I can only begin to imagine how many thousands of percent the markup on this bike is.

Reactions: Colnago62
The markup on Chicom labor is insane. My last GSXR-1100 cost less than what a Trek gets for a top-of-the-line Madone...with shimaNO. And the frame on that Suzi cost a hellova lot more in hand labor to form, machine, weld and finish than the Trek piece of plastic does.

Suzi probably sells a few more GSXR liter bikes than Trek sells Lance-a-Lot Madones, but still...no motor...no instrumentation...no lighting...no suspension...no fuel system...