Trek Madone 3.1 vs. Trek Madone 4.3

turban

Oct 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm an amateur rider but i have joined the occasional event now and then. I have a mountain bike from Trek that i'm really fond of and i'm think of buying a road bike. I have tried several bikes and have found that I like the Trek Madone 2.1 and 3.1. However now that im buying i'm not sure which one i should get. The Madone 3.1 that is on special offer now or shall i go for the Madone 4.3.. Please advise anyone... Thanks

You're looking at pretty minimal differences between them. Ride both. If you can even tell the difference, get the one you think rides better. If the deal on the 3.1 is good and it's significantly cheaper, that's your deciding factor right there. Use the money you saved to get a decent set of wheels.

Thanks, I really appreciate the advice.. I did go for the cheaper bike there was a 30% discount on it, so yes it was almost half the price. Can i trouble you for some wheel recommendations? i'm looking at wheel options but i'm not sure what my deciding factor should be.

Appreciate the help....

What's your price range? Wheelsets range from $200 to bankrupt, so price is the #1 consideration.