Trek mountain bike choice?

fordguru

Apr 15, 2009
I am looking at the Superfly Comp, Superfly Comp 100 and Stache 8..

I was set on the Superfly Comp. Then I noticed that the frames of the Stache 8 and Superfly 100 frames seem to be updated more and slightly superior. That the Superfly Comp is just the same as 2012.

Questions I have...

Did the weight of the Stache frame get lighter compared the the other AL Trek frames with the update?

What is the weight difference between the Stache 8 and the Superfly Comp?

I am willing to go with the Stache with a slight weight penalty but would like to know how much weight we are talking..

Thanks

Jason

With a specified development time of 2 years, the TREK design team using computer technology (including FEM - Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD) "revolutionized carbon frame development," the previously known. In-house tests vrituellen you have the idea down then reduced to 8 frame versions, calculated through of whom "thousands" Varaitionen were before you have made the production of the first driveable prototype.

well the Stache 8 is an aluminium frame and the superfly comp a carbon fiber frame, and an extra 1000 usd. in price, the weight difference might be significant in favour of the superfly comp, but for durability i would chose aluminium, specially on a MTB,

I chose to resurrect a 1995 Y-22 since I scored the frameset off Craigslist all freshly painted and pivots redone with the Fox Alps4 still in remarkable shape for 150.00. Threw full Deore 9 speed disc setup on it with a fresh Rockshox 100mm fork and been ridin it for a few years now. Great for what it is. I have other bikes so it doesn't get the full time thrashing it might if it was my only bike............I know this is no help but had to post up about my guitarbike retro coolness.