Trek Mountain Bike Serial Number Search

I have a trek mountain bike that I bought several years ago at a yard
sale and not I am wanting to sell it. I have looked everywhere for
serial number information! Does anyone know a trek dealer number or
website i can look this information up?
Thanks

What model mountain bike is it? In general, the serial number will be found
underneath the bottom bracket (crank area). On more expensive bikes, it's
sometimes found on the inside of one of the rear dropouts (where the rear
wheel is installed). On newer bikes, it's a foil label underneath the clear
coat on the downtube (the tube that runs from the fork down to the cranks.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA