TREK Navigator 300 vs Raleigh SC200

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Alan, May 21, 2003.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I'm looking at buying my first bike in many years. I'm 58 years young and want to start riding. We
    have two bicycle shops in the area. One handles TREK and the other Raleigh. I'm looking at eigher
    the TREK Navigator 300 or the Raleigh SC200. Can anyone provide pros and cons for these two
    machines. They are similar priced with similar features. The components are different, and I'm not
    sure which would be the most reliable.

    Any honest thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

    Alan

    Tags:

  2. Alan wrote:

    > I'm looking at buying my first bike in many years. I'm 58 years young and want to start riding. We
    > have two bicycle shops in the area. One handles TREK and the other Raleigh. I'm looking at eigher
    > the TREK Navigator 300 or the Raleigh SC200. Can anyone provide pros and cons for these two
    > machines. They are similar priced with similar features. The components are different, and I'm not
    > sure which would be the most reliable.
    >
    > Any honest thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Alan

    The shop I work for sells both, and I like the Raleigh. I think the Metro fork on the SC200 is a bit
    smoother and better built to me than the RST fork on the Trek. Otherwise, they are pretty close.

    Which shop treats you better? Which bike, if any, feels better when _you_ ride it? Take REAL test
    ride, not simply a lap around the parking lot.

    Barry