Trek OCLV55 Framesets!!!

marv800

May 19, 2004
I just saw on Lance Chronicles that he is riding a custom Madone SSL made of OCLV 55!!! All thing being constand, wouldn't that mean the frame he is riding is about 1/2 the weight of last year's Madone he rode?!! If so, doesn't that put his current frameset at about the 1.5 pound mark?? OMG!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if Trek plans on making production OCLV 55 framesets anytime soon

Originally posted by marv800
According to that site, it appears that the Madone 5.9 is being marketed as a Madone SSL equivalent, but look closely.. they are different. The madone SSL is made of OCLV55 whereas the Madone 5.9 is OCLV 110. Big difference

I meant the Madone 5.9 SL is marketed at the SSL.. arrghh.. its all very confusing

Originally posted by marv800
I just saw on Lance Chronicles that he is riding a custom Madone SSL made of OCLV 55!!! All thing being constand, wouldn't that mean the frame he is riding is about 1/2 the weight of last year's Madone he rode?!! If so, doesn't that put his current frameset at about the 1.5 pound mark?? OMG!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if Trek plans on making production OCLV 55 framesets anytime soon

not half cause theres still the resin

the madone ssl is due out in august. I read somewere that the price will be somewere around $10,000

Not much point to buying an OCLV 55 frame unless you're a professional racing in the Alps (with limitless replacement frames ready) . It's not something the pros will even ride except on a few select mountain stages. Still, I'm sure people will get on wait lists to buy them. The new Trek line-up, with the Madone 5.9 (and maybe 5.2?), SL, and SSL makes me wonder if they will eliminate the 5900.