Trek or cannondale

Douglas Inman

Guest
I am not sure if I want to get a trek cyclocross or a Trek 1500 or get a Cannondale r600 triple?? I
just want a bike that I can do road as well as trials with.I have a mountain bike now,so I am
wanting something with smaller tires.. Let me know

Thanks

Lemond Poprad... lot of bang for the buck. (Most Trek dealers can get em). Two guys at my store got
it this year. Sweet 853 frame, 105 group, pretty cool wheels for around $1000.

-kurd

"Douglas Inman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am not sure if I want to get a trek cyclocross or a Trek 1500 or get a Cannondale r600 triple??
> I just want a bike that I can do road as well as trials with.I have a mountain bike now,so I am
> wanting something with smaller tires.. Let me know
>
> Thanks

> I am not sure if I want to get a trek cyclocross or a Trek 1500 or get a Cannondale r600 triple??
> I just want a bike that I can do road as well as trials with.I have a mountain bike now,so I am
> wanting something with smaller tires.. Let me know

I can't speak for the Cannondale (we don't sell them), but the TREK 1500 is an awesome road bike for
$1000... nicer than what you could get in '03 at about $1200. If by "trials" you mean time trials or
some other form of racing, a 1500 will be a lighter and more nimble bike than a CycloCross model.
But, if you had ideas of loading it down with racks & fenders & touring gear etc at some point, the
CycloCross bikes become very attractive as a multi-use machine that, while not quite as fast as a
standard road bike, isn't too far off.

RE/
>I am not sure if I want to get a trek cyclocross or a Trek 1500 or get a Cannondale r600 triple??

Check the Cannondale for proprietary parts (i.e. parts that are only available if your friendly
local C-dale dealer stocks them). Then factor that into your decision.

May be moot for road bikes, but on at least some MTBs Canndale was making seemingly-gratuitous
changes from the rest of the world....like Magura disks drilled for four instead of six holes.
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:00:57 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>.like Magura disks drilled for four instead of six holes.

all their bikes for the past few years have been 6 holes..

charlie

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

> If by "trials" you mean time trials or some other form of racing, a 1500 will be a lighter and
> more nimble bike than a CycloCross

Think he meant "trails" based on the context: "road or trails." So the CycloCross would be more
appropriate.

Art Harris