Road Cycling · Public discussion

Trek Pilot 2.0 VS Specialized Secteur Elite

Started by rocman777 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,716 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
14 June 2010
Last activity
15 June 2010
Original author
rocman777
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,716
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there everyone, complete newbie here, desperately searching the net for advice! Apologies if you have been down this line of discussion before but you help would be much appreciated.
    I'm looking at buying my first road bike on the cycle to work scheme, I'm mainly looking for something that wont be to much of a hardcore race machine, with a comfort riding position focus, but that will perform if..........one day I get some fitness and fancy a sprint! Also a bike that would be capable for completing an end to end challenge or light touring. Having read lots of reviews it looks like the Trek Pilot 2.0 and Specialized Secteur Elite fit the bill, with their comfort geometry, but which one do I go for, if either at all!? My cycle to work limit is 1k so the pilot 2.0 is attracting me as it comes in at £850 leaving £150 I can spend on getting some accessories, however the Secteur seems better equipped with the Zerte inserts and 105drive chain as to the Tiagra on the Pilot. I did fancy the Pilot 2.1 but it seems to have sold out completely in the size I require, at least a 61cm as I'm 6'7! Also with all my local stockists saying that the 2011 models will not be available to collect until August, with them being more expensive and possibly less well equipped I'm keen to get moving and reserve on asap.
    Feel free to correct me if anything I've said is complete rubbish, like I say I'm a complete novice so I wont be offended, your guidance and help is much appreciated,
    Thanks everyone,

  2. I'm pretty much a novice myself and have no experience w/ the Trek, but I got a 58cm '08 Roubaix Compact (90% identical to the Sectuer Elite) beginning of this season and am really liking it. The 105 drivetrain feels really good to me.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.