Trek Sizing?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David Preo, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. David Preo

    David Preo Guest

    I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
    15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

    Tags:

  2. > I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
    > 15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

    Test-riding is really the best way. At 5'6" you're in the ball park, but it's possible that a 15.5"
    frame will have too short a top tube for comfort & handling.

    There aren't many scenarios where it makes sense to buy a mountain bike that you can't actually ride
    first. Fit is one consideration (and a major one at that!), but if it's a used bike, there's also
    the issue of what shape it's in.

  3. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:08:10 GMT, "David Preo"
    <[email protected]_remove_nc.rr.com> may have said:

    >I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
    >15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

    Maybe.

    Unless you're getting it dirt cheap, I'd pass.

    (I'm nearly finished building up a bike on an old Trek 950 frame myself, bought because it was both
    cheap and reasonably large. If you can buy something for much less than local market value, it can
    always be disposed of afterwards if it turns out to be less useful than desired.)

    it's also possible that I'm busy.

  4. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    David Preo wrote:
    > I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
    > 15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

    I'm 5'6"-5'7" and ride a 15.5 Trek Fuel 90. It fits well, but I've tried other 17" bikes that fit
    bettter, e.g. GF Sugars.

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)