Trek Sizing?

David Preo

Guest
I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

> I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
> 15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

Test-riding is really the best way. At 5'6" you're in the ball park, but it's possible that a 15.5"
frame will have too short a top tube for comfort & handling.

There aren't many scenarios where it makes sense to buy a mountain bike that you can't actually ride
first. Fit is one consideration (and a major one at that!), but if it's a used bike, there's also
the issue of what shape it's in.

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:08:10 GMT, "David Preo"
<dpreo_nopam_@_remove_nc.rr.com> may have said:

>I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
>15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

Maybe.

Unless you're getting it dirt cheap, I'd pass.

(I'm nearly finished building up a bike on an old Trek 950 frame myself, bought because it was both
cheap and reasonably large. If you can buy something for much less than local market value, it can
always be disposed of afterwards if it turns out to be less useful than desired.)

it's also possible that I'm busy.

David Preo wrote:
> I'm 5'6" and can get a decent deal on a Trek mt. bike that's sized at
> 15.5"... I can't test ride it... will it fit?

I'm 5'6"-5'7" and ride a 15.5 Trek Fuel 90. It fits well, but I've tried other 17" bikes that fit
bettter, e.g. GF Sugars.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)