Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Trek ZR 9000 Alloy

Started by saintsfan342000 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 4,740 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 April 2007
Last activity
7 April 2007
Original author
saintsfan342000
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,740
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone here have a Trek 2100? To my knowledge it is their only bike made from their "ZR9000" Aluminum alloy. Is this really a better material than their SLR aluminum (on the 1500 model)? How does it compare?

    The 2100 also has carbon seat stays. Are the different aluminum and the carbon seat stay worth the added cost (approx. $500 US difference)?

  2. saintsfan342000 said:

    Does anyone here have a Trek 2100? To my knowledge it is their only bike made from their "ZR9000" Aluminum alloy. Is this really a better material than their SLR aluminum (on the 1500 model)? How does it compare?

    The 2100 also has carbon seat stays. Are the different aluminum and the carbon seat stay worth the added cost (approx. $500 US difference)?


    Yes, I have a Trek with ZR9000 aluminium and carbon rear stays. It's a UK spec so it isn't sold as a 2100. It's an excellent bike, but does the tubing feel any different to my Trek 1000? No. The Trek 1000 feels good too, just with a poorer transmission really.

    I have a Trek 1500 frame, with full Campagnolo transmision and wheels, and it's possibly the nicest of my aluminium bikes, so the extra for ZR9000 tubing is, at least in my opinion, not worth a premium.

    I don't have a carbon Trek, so I can't directly comment, but if I was going to a higher spec than the SLR aluminium, I would go straight to carbon to expect to feel a difference. Personally I would on the other hand recommend staying with Trek - they're excellent bikes and excellent value.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.