trekk 6500 2001 front hub

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Panda, May 23, 2003.

  1. Panda

    Panda Guest

    does anyone know what hub 2001 trek 6500 came with? it is completely unbranded and i need some
    new cones!

    many thanks

    panda

    --
    change "net" to "uk"

    Tags:

  2. Russell Yim

    Russell Yim Guest

    >does anyone know what hub 2001 trek 6500 came with? it is completely unbranded and i need some
    >new cones!

    I don't, but if you take one of the cones to a bike shop and they don't have a match on-hand, they
    can use the QBP catalog to find one. The catalog has true-to-size pictures of cones...just place the
    old cone over the photo, and see if it has the same profile.

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > does anyone know what hub 2001 trek 6500 came with? it is completely unbranded and i need some
    > new cones!

    "Generic" IIRC, carefully selected on the basis of being Trek's low bidder. But that's seldom a
    difficulty if you bring the disassembled and cleaned bits to a competent LBS. Fronts are not all
    that varied for similar modern hubs. Look at yours vs an axle set from KK or JY, normal service
    parts. Get new grade 25 bearings while you are there.