Trento Bike Pages invite bicycle tour report submissions

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Thomas Driemeyer, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. The Trento Bike Pages are a large collection of bicycle tour
    reports, clubs, travel information, and more. It's a completely
    noncommercial volunteer effort. There are currently over 900
    entries, including some 600 tour reports, most in English.

    If you are planning a bicycle tour, take a look at

    http://www.trentobike.org/

    And if you did a tour yourself, and have a web page with a
    report, please submit the URL! The Trento Bike Pages need
    your contributions. (Follow the Submit link.) I can also host
    reports if you don't have a web site.

    The Trento Bike Pages were born in the Italian Trento area
    some ten years ago, and now cover the whole world. But
    especially in the Americas more contributions are needed.

    Thanks - looking forward to hearing from you!

    Thomas

    --
    Thomas Driemeyer [email protected] www.bitrot.de

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Thomas Driemeyer<[email protected]> writes:

    > The Trento Bike Pages are a large collection of bicycle tour
    > reports, clubs, travel information, and more. It's a completely
    > noncommercial volunteer effort. There are currently over 900
    > entries, including some 600 tour reports, most in English.

    This site has been completely redesigned. While some might miss the
    original layout, the new design is much easier to use and allows
    searching for reports in several different ways. Thomas did a nice job
    with it.

  3. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Thomas Driemeyer<[email protected]> writes:

    > The Trento Bike Pages are a large collection of bicycle tour
    > reports, clubs, travel information, and more. It's a completely
    > noncommercial volunteer effort. There are currently over 900
    > entries, including some 600 tour reports, most in English.

    This site has been completely redesigned. While some might miss the
    original layout, the new design is much easier to use and allows
    searching for reports in several different ways. Thomas did a nice job
    with it.

  4. Ken Brown

    Ken Brown Guest

    Is Andreas Caranti no longer involved? Trento has been my favourite
    touring resource and I have immense admiration for the work he did. It
    takes a lot of dedication to maintain such a website for 10 years.

    Best wishes and a whole lote of thanks to Thomas Driemeyer for picking
    up the gauntlet.

    Ken

    Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thomas Driemeyer<[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> The Trento Bike Pages are a large collection of bicycle tour
    >> reports, clubs, travel information, and more. It's a completely
    >> noncommercial volunteer effort. There are currently over 900
    >> entries, including some 600 tour reports, most in English.

    >This site has been completely redesigned. While some might miss the
    >original layout, the new design is much easier to use and allows
    >searching for reports in several different ways. Thomas did a nice job
    >with it.

    Ken Brown, Toronto Canada
    Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown
    delete "nospam" if replying via e-mail

  5. A. Caranti

    A. Caranti Guest

    At 19:32 of Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Ken Brown wrote:

    > Is Andreas Caranti no longer involved? Trento has been my favourite
    > touring resource and I have immense admiration for the work he
    > did. It takes a lot of dedication to maintain such a website for 10
    > years.

    Thanks a lot, Ken, I appreciate. Indeed, I am no longer involved.

    > Best wishes and a whole lote of thanks to Thomas Driemeyer for
    > picking up the gauntlet.

    Thomas is the right person for the job. He has created a structure
    that automates most of the work involved with the Trento Bike Pages -
    something I could never have done, because I lack the expertise. Kudos
    to him!

    Best,

    Andreas

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > At 19:32 of Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Ken Brown wrote:
    >
    > > Is Andreas Caranti no longer involved? Trento has been my favourite
    > > touring resource and I have immense admiration for the work he
    > > did. It takes a lot of dedication to maintain such a website for 10
    > > years.

    > Thanks a lot, Ken, I appreciate. Indeed, I am no longer involved.

    In that case, thanks for the years you did put in! I've used the site
    many times for planning, even more for the simple pleasure of reading
    good touring tales. Thanks!

    --
    [email protected] is Joshua Putnam
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/>

  7. Per Löwdin

    Per Löwdin Guest

    "A. Caranti" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

    > Thanks a lot, Ken, I appreciate. Indeed, I am no longer involved.

    Andreas, thanks for all the good work, you have made Trento Bike Pages
    outstanding.

    Per

    http://lowdin.nu