Tri Bike fitting in Los Angeles Area?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Evan, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Does anyone have suggestions on who to go to in the Los Angeles area to get a good fitting for a
    triathlon bike?

    As a minimum wage-earning student I'm looking at low budget tri bicycles or maybe converted road
    cycles. I don't care so much about low weight and high specifications ... but fit matters to me a
    lot. I'm thoroughly fed up with my 15-year-old hand-me-down 12-speed that's two inches too small!!

    I may not even be able to afford a brand new bike, but I'd be more than happy to pay someone for a
    professional fitting so that I could buy a used bike with more confidence. I don't know enough about
    geometry and riding styles to do this myself.

    Are there good, skilled shops around that would sell me such a fitting service even if I couldn't
    afford to buy a brand new bike from them?

    I live in North L.A. basin, Altadena/Pasadena. I've searched old threads on RST and found one from
    2000 that recommended Edge, Tri-zombies, and I.Martin Imports as good tri shops in the area. Are
    those still valid recommendations?

    Does anyone have experience with Pasadena Cyclery for triathlon bicycles, and could make a
    recommendation? (they're about a mile from
    me).

    Thanks so much, -E

    Tags:

  2. Cathy Morgan

    Cathy Morgan Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Evan) wrote:

    > Does anyone have suggestions on who to go to in the Los Angeles area to get a good fitting for a
    > triathlon bike?
    >
    > I live in North L.A. basin, Altadena/Pasadena. I've searched old threads on RST and found one from
    > 2000 that recommended Edge, Tri-zombies, and I.Martin Imports as good tri shops in the area. Are
    > those still valid recommendations?

    Yes on Edge Cyclesports in Orange County and Tri-Zombies. More info here:

    http://www.slowtwitch.com/dealersurvey/dealerprofiles2.html#incycle

    clm

    --
    [email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email