Tri Bike fitting in Los Angeles Area?

Evan

Guest
Does anyone have suggestions on who to go to in the Los Angeles area to get a good fitting for a
triathlon bike?

As a minimum wage-earning student I'm looking at low budget tri bicycles or maybe converted road
cycles. I don't care so much about low weight and high specifications ... but fit matters to me a
lot. I'm thoroughly fed up with my 15-year-old hand-me-down 12-speed that's two inches too small!!

I may not even be able to afford a brand new bike, but I'd be more than happy to pay someone for a
professional fitting so that I could buy a used bike with more confidence. I don't know enough about
geometry and riding styles to do this myself.

Are there good, skilled shops around that would sell me such a fitting service even if I couldn't
afford to buy a brand new bike from them?

I live in North L.A. basin, Altadena/Pasadena. I've searched old threads on RST and found one from
2000 that recommended Edge, Tri-zombies, and I.Martin Imports as good tri shops in the area. Are
those still valid recommendations?

Does anyone have experience with Pasadena Cyclery for triathlon bicycles, and could make a
recommendation? (they're about a mile from
me).

Thanks so much, -E

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Evan) wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions on who to go to in the Los Angeles area to get a good fitting for a
> triathlon bike?
>
> I live in North L.A. basin, Altadena/Pasadena. I've searched old threads on RST and found one from
> 2000 that recommended Edge, Tri-zombies, and I.Martin Imports as good tri shops in the area. Are
> those still valid recommendations?

Yes on Edge Cyclesports in Orange County and Tri-Zombies. More info here:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/dealersurvey/dealerprofiles2.html#incycle

clm

--
[email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email