tri-oz-1st on ebay

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by byron27, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    Has anyone ordered anything from this company?
    They are based in the UK but they have some great deals on groupsets, frames, shoes, etc.
    What is the delivery time like and what duties are payable on this stuff?.
    Is it just GST?

    Tags:

  2. powinc

    powinc New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    He does seem to have good deals, I've been keeping an eye on his stuff. His feedback rating seems good (last time I looked), but his postage time and cost are a bit much. Proberly because he's based overseas.

    powinc

  3. ftf

    ftf New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2003
    Yep, I bought some tyres from them... took less than a week to get here. As my parcel amount was way below the cutoff, and through the post, there was no duty. Postage was relatively expensive but with 2 free tubes, it sorta covers it anyway...

    Cheers,
    Troy

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    i almost bought a FSAcarbonCompactPro crankset off him but unfortunately he was in europe at the time and i was on a deadline (alpine classic). He was very helpful tho and even followed up recently to ask what i ended up doing and debating triple v other stuff. not really a recomendation but the vibe was right...

  5. Antz

    Antz New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2003
    I've bought two sets of pedals from them. Good sellers, the gear arrived within a week in perfect nick. Only thing is to pay by Paypal I had to pay in pounds and lost a couple of bucks on the exchange - no big deal really, given that I saved over a hundred on each pedal set.

    Ants

  6. bag_head

    bag_head New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    In Feb. I bought a pair of Sidi Action MTB Shoes from him for $107.5 AUD + $20 AUD postage. It took just over a week to be delivered.

    These shoes would cost me $350+ locally!

  7. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    so it seems that you avoid paying duty on this sort of stuff through him?

  8. M. Atta

    M. Atta Guest

    I found i didnt pay duty from probikekit.com under about
    $175 aus. Purchased $250 & paid duty plus gst.... How much
    has anybody else spent at tri-oz-1st & not paid duty or gst

    "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > bag_head wrote:
    > > In Feb. I bought a pair of Sidi Action MTB Shoes from
    > > him for $107.5
    AUD
    > > + $20 AUD postage. It took just over a week to be
    > > delivered. These shoes would cost me $350+ locally!
    >

    > so it seems that you avoid paying duty on this sort of
    > stuff through him?
    >

    > --

  9. bag_head

    bag_head New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    No GST or VAT on that purchase.

    I have bought quite a bit of bike stuff from uk. and Aussie Customs never seem to care if the value is below $200AUD (but do not quote me on that!).

    couple of my faves

    probikekit.com - jersey / bib nicks
    tri-oz-1st (Ebay) - mtb shoes
    totalcyling.com - postage expensive
    Bitz 4 Bikes(Ebay) - road shoes & tires - I reckon it's the same guy as tri-oz-1st as they always seems to have similar stock!

  10. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > Has anyone ordered anything from this company? They are
    > based in the UK but they have some great deals on
    > groupsets, frames, shoes, etc. What is the delivery time
    > like and what duties are payable on this stuff?. Is it
    > just GST?

    I bought my frame/fork/headset combo there, and am very
    happy with it. See:

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=36477-
    64410&category=7298&rd=1 or http://tinyurl.com/2ujv8

    I ordered it on 2 Jan, and the ad implied it would arrive
    by 8 Jan. It ended up arriving on 13 Jan - I think most of
    the delay was them catching up with their New Year's
    holiday backlog.

    The advertised price was $550, and the total cost was $793,
    which included $243 worth of shipping, import duty (5%), and
    GST (10%).

    As for tyres, IME they are a LOT cheaper (like a lot of
    stuff) if you buy them from Parker International (http://www.parker-
    international.co.uk/home.htm) than anyone on eBay.

    Hope this helps,

    &roo

  11. Drs

    Drs Guest

    bag_head <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [email protected]
    > No GST or VAT on that purchase.
    >
    > I have bought quite a bit of bike stuff from uk. and
    > Aussie Customs never seem to care if the value is below
    > $200AUD (but do not quote me on that!).

    It's $250 if you import via a courier and $500 if you import
    via standard post. It's a good reason to avoid stores which
    insist on using FedEx or UPS.

    --

    "I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two
    hours of bloody, barbarous torture in gloating detail is

  12. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Who hits you with the $250/500 ?
    Is it the courier Co or Govt when it arrives, and do they notify you before you recieve it or is it inthe form of an invoice when you gets in your hands

  13. M. Atta

    M. Atta Guest

    When i got stung on probikekit the post office holds the
    item & notifies you there is gst & duty to be paid prior to
    pick up.... If the item does not attract duty it will be
    sent to your letter box or where specified......

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Drs wrote:
    > > It's $250 if you import via a courier and $500 if you
    > > import via standard post. It's a good reason to avoid
    > > stores which insist on
    using
    > > FedEx or UPS.
    >

    > Who hits you with the $250/500 ? Is it the courier Co or
    > Govt when it arrives, and do they notify you before you
    > recieve it or is it inthe form of an invoice when you gets
    > in your hands
    >

    > --

  14. Drs

    Drs Guest

    M. Atta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [email protected]
    > "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    >> Who hits you with the $250/500 ? Is it the courier Co or
    >> Govt when it arrives, and do they notify you before you
    >> recieve it or is it inthe form of an invoice when you
    >> gets in your hands
    >
    > When i got stung on probikekit the post office holds the
    > item & notifies you there is gst & duty to be paid prior
    > to pick up....

    That may be so for items brought in by standard post but not
    for those brought in by courier. They are responsible for
    getting items through customs. In the case of FedEx and UPS
    the bastards collect GST on evey item even where the ACS
    does not require it (see http://www.customs.gov.au/site/pri-
    nt_page.cfm?area_id=5&nav_id=1307).

    And please don't top-post.

    --

    N: Top-posters.
    O: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  15. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    "And please don't top-post.

    --

    N: Top-posters.
    O: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?"

    So many rules, Drs

    PS wasnt it the best morning EVER for riding today?;)

  16. Drs

    Drs Guest

    flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote in
    message 1%[email protected]
    > "And please don't top-post.
    >
    > --
    >
    > N: Top-posters.
    > O: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?"
    >
    > So many rules, Drs

    Really? What are the others?

    > PS wasnt it the best morning EVER for riding today?;)

    I didn't ride this morning. I don't ride on my gym days.