Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Tri Spoke versus deep rims

Started by bonell · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,474 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 January 2006
Last activity
6 January 2006
Original author
bonell
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,474
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I currently use a Corima Aero 12 spoke front wheel with tubs during time trial paired with a hed disc wheel at the back, I was just wondering if going for a HED 3 front wheel will actually improve anything. I don't want to spend the money if there isn't much difference from the corima setup. I know that HED3 are good in side winds but is it much different from a 12 spoke wheel? Your views are very much welcome.

  2. bonell said:

    I currently use a Corima Aero 12 spoke front wheel with tubs during time trial paired with a hed disc wheel at the back, I was just wondering if going for a HED 3 front wheel will actually improve anything. I don't want to spend the money if there isn't much difference from the corima setup. I know that HED3 are good in side winds but is it much different from a 12 spoke wheel? Your views are very much welcome.

    Don't actually know if a real difference is to be had, but I always feel faster with the trispoke. It can be a bit handful in strong cross winds, or if big trucks pass. I tend to like the choice of both myself- plus it can be a good excuse "I should have used the aero/trispoke as I would have gone faster".(delete as necessary)
    Don't think this has been much help, but in the end if you can afford it then get it.

  3. bonell said:

    I currently use a Corima Aero 12 spoke front wheel with tubs during time trial paired with a hed disc wheel at the back, I was just wondering if going for a HED 3 front wheel will actually improve anything. I don't want to spend the money if there isn't much difference from the corima setup. I know that HED3 are good in side winds but is it much different from a 12 spoke wheel? Your views are very much welcome.

    Save your money and dont get it. Dont underestimate the powers of the Corima wheel 😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.