Tri Spoke versus deep rims

bonell

Dec 4, 2005
I currently use a Corima Aero 12 spoke front wheel with tubs during time trial paired with a hed disc wheel at the back, I was just wondering if going for a HED 3 front wheel will actually improve anything. I don't want to spend the money if there isn't much difference from the corima setup. I know that HED3 are good in side winds but is it much different from a 12 spoke wheel? Your views are very much welcome.

bonell said:
I currently use a Corima Aero 12 spoke front wheel with tubs during time trial paired with a hed disc wheel at the back, I was just wondering if going for a HED 3 front wheel will actually improve anything. I don't want to spend the money if there isn't much difference from the corima setup. I know that HED3 are good in side winds but is it much different from a 12 spoke wheel? Your views are very much welcome.
Don't actually know if a real difference is to be had, but I always feel faster with the trispoke. It can be a bit handful in strong cross winds, or if big trucks pass. I tend to like the choice of both myself- plus it can be a good excuse "I should have used the aero/trispoke as I would have gone faster".(delete as necessary)
Don't think this has been much help, but in the end if you can afford it then get it.

bonell said:

Save your money and dont get it. Dont underestimate the powers of the Corima wheel ;)