Trials riding on Richard and Judy (UK)

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by joe, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. joe

    joe Guest

    Hey,

    I aint been here for a while. hope everyone is good!

    Just dropped by to tell you's that this monday (5th Sept), we will be
    doing some riding on Richard & Judy.

    I've heard riders are myself, Si, Trev, Amanda and Richard.
    By the sound of things, we will have a bit of a trials course in their
    car park, and Trev is going down to help them sort that out.

    The show airs between 5 and 6pm. If anyone can record it and put it
    online that would be great!

    Thanks,

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  2. unicus

    unicus Guest

    joe wrote:
    > *The show airs between 5 and 6pm. If anyone can record it and put it
    > online that would be great!*

    My Sky+ is set to record it ;)

    BTW Joe will you be at Scarborough on Saturday?

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  3. I might not be able to go :( cos of some health and safety things cos
    im not 18 :( hopefully i will be able to though :D

    --
    amanda.gallacher - pretty skilled

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/free4all?page=8
    click on 'one wheeled madness (pretty good quality)'.

    ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  4. joe

    joe Guest

    Arggg!!! Sorry Gary! What did I tell you about my organisation! I'm
    working, and then camping in a Forest with my mates lol.

    As for the show, yes, our slot has been cancelled :(
    I was told it was due to insurance, it must be the same thing as you,
    Amanda. Its a real shame, it would have been great! Never mind, the
    researcher still has my number and I told her to contact me any time she
    wants a unicyclist :p

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  5. that sucks that the whole thing was cancelled, she told me it was just
    me that couldnt do it because of my age and stuff :rolleyes:
    do you know if they're going to do it another time?

    --
    amanda.gallacher - pretty skilled

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/free4all?page=8
    click on 'one wheeled madness (pretty good quality)'.

    ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    joe wrote:
    > Just dropped by to tell you's that this monday (5th Sept), we will be
    > doing some riding on Richard & Judy.

    <snip>
    > The show airs between 5 and 6pm.

    Which channel?

  7. unicus

    unicus Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > *Which channel?*

    Richard and Judy is on Channel 4. I know this from when Joe Marshall was
    on their show; I think they must like unicycling. (The video of that is
    in my gallery video section)

    BTW Danny is this you?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/4136358.stm

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  8. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    unicus wrote:
    > Richard and Judy is on Channel 4.

    Thanks, I've circled it.

    > BTW Danny is this you?
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/4136358.stm

    Yes. That actually happened last year (and was reported in at least 3
    local papers at the time, I didn't think to contact the BBC), but when a
    local TV journalist wanted to do a piece about cyclepath safety last
    month and heard about the fishing line this was a story she particularly
    wanted to cover. It was broadcast about 3 weeks ago on BBC1 and was
    immediately picked up by various other media.

    The day after the broadcast, one of my colleagues heard a discussion
    about it on the radio. A police spokesman stated that the police were
    investigating. I wish they could have been bothered to do some
    investigating a year ago.

  9. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    joe wrote:
    > *
    > As for the show, yes, our slot has been cancelled :(
    > I was told it was due to insurance, it must be the same thing as you,
    > Amanda. Its a real shame, it would have been great! Never mind, the
    > researcher still has my number and I told her to contact me any time
    > she wants a unicyclist :p
    > *

    Its a damn shame, I was really looking forward to it, but they are keen
    on trying to organise the feature in the future, so I hope I'll be
    invited back.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    Officially a  & ~ expert.

    _no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
    Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
    Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  10. unicus

    unicus Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > * A police spokesman stated that the police were
    > investigating. I wish they could have been bothered to do some
    > investigating a year ago.*

    Why does that not surprise me?

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  11. unicus

    unicus Guest

    Loosemoose wrote:
    > *Its a damn shame, I was really looking forward to it, but they are
    > keen on trying to organise the feature in the future, so I hope I'll
    > be invited back.
    >
    > Loose. *

    'tis a shame but TV's like that. Please inform us if it's back on. (Sky+
    recording now cancelled)

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  12. joe

    joe Guest

    Well, we seem to be back on!

    I dont wanna speak to soon, but we have arranged to film on Tues (13th).
    Im not yet sure how many of us there is goin to be yet.

    The segment will be aired on Friday16th, hopefully!

    Lets hope this one is pulled off! :)

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  13. DarkTom

    DarkTom Guest

    Nice one you lot!

    Keep us all posted (I'm sure you will anyway!)

    T.

    --
    DarkTom - fork riding a sugar unicycle

    -\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
    less.\" - johnhimsworth

    \"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher

    \"mud is the ink we use for bodypainting our homage to the muni sport.\"
    - goldenchickenii
    -
    DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

  14. unicus

    unicus Guest

  15. hi,

    its back on. me, richard and joe are going to london tommorow to film at
    various spots in the city. it will then be aired onto the show on
    friday(?) so someone ought to record it and put it up here. i would but
    i dont actually know how to. :rolleyes:

    thanks,
    amanda

    --
    amanda.gallacher - oh the greenness

    ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  16. It went reali well. It was a great day and im sure everybody reali
    enjoyed themselves :D I got my mum to take some pictures, which I have
    uploaded 'here.' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album730) Feel free to
    have a look at the pics and make sure to watch our little segmenty
    thingy on friday ;)

    Amanda

    --
    amanda.gallacher - oh the greenness

    ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  17. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    It was an incredibly strange day, having the cameras following you
    around everywhere, and having to play up to the cameras. We had to do
    every trick about 5 times because the cameraman kept wanting us to get
    closer & closer to the camera! This was like tens of thousands of pounds
    worth & I got so close to pedal striking the thing on several occasions!
    I quote "Don't worry we've got loads!" :rolleyes:.

    It was really ace, and should make a really cool short vid for the
    section on the show. They're using footage from U2 to big up the
    section, so that's what dans referring to on www.sykoproductions.com I
    think.

    Can't wait for Joes pics, some of those should be really good too.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    Officially a  & ~ expert.

    _no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
    Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
    Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  18. GILD

    GILD Guest

    good work on getting this exposure for unicycling!

    any word on a recording of the segment being uploaded here somewhere?

    --
    GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
    (http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

    I feel like a 'fugitive' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Daves-Tattoos)
    from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
    (http://www.johnconyers.com/)

    ...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
    christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
    (http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
    it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
    the internet
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)