Trials riding on Richard and Judy (UK)

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by joe, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. joe

    joe Guest

    What a great day!

    The weather was fantastic, and there was loads of good riding to be had.
    Its just a shame its 'Urban' unicycling, as they took us to 'Urban'
    places, and doing interviews in a graffitied carpark. Still, I cant
    complain, it would have been good to also ride in some tourist areas,
    such as outside the palace, the wheel, houses of parliment and downing
    st.

    My dad didnt get many pics, and of them, most of them wernt too good. (I
    dunno why, but he just cant take 'action' shots with my camera :mad: )

    Anyways, my pics are 'here'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/cactustv_london)

    Enjoy, and hopefully someone (Gary :p ) could post up the video at the
    weekend.

    Richard and Amanda, I'm guessing yous got home ok, as you posted on
    here. I didnt get home till 10. Got the train from Kings Cross at 4.35
    and got into Newcastle Central at 9.30, then another 30mins on a Metro
    home. It was worth it though, hopefully the VT will be great :)

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  2. joe

    joe Guest

    Doh, ran out of edit time!

    NOTE: no branding! We had to wear unbranded tees, and I got my 661
    shorts taped up, along with our leg pads and helmets... Richards
    actually looked cool though! Stelth sponsorship!

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  3. phil

    phil Guest

    joe wrote:
    > *NOTE: no branding! We had to wear unbranded tees, and I got my 661
    > shorts taped up, along with our leg pads and helmets...*

    Ah! No wonder I didn't recognise you at first, Mr 661-underpants... :D

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

  4. unicus

    unicus Guest

    joe wrote:
    > *NOTE: no branding! We had to wear unbranded tees, and I got my 661
    > shorts taped up, along with our leg pads and helmets... *

    But the UDC badge on your uni is clearly visible ;)

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  5. GILD

    GILD Guest

    joe wrote:
    > *NOTE: no branding! *

    interesting
    when we did our UniHoki TV bit, they had an issue with the branded
    'WheelDisks' (http://tinyurl.com/b6y2z) we have in our wheels
    at first they wanted us to remove them all
    somehow the discussion went away and the disks are clearly visible in
    the piece that was eventually aired

    --
    GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
    (http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

    I feel like a 'fugitive' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Daves-Tattoos)
    from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
    (http://www.johnconyers.com/)

    ...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
    christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
    (http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
    it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
    the internet
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

  6. It is a real pity that I could not sort out Si to go as well, it would
    have been good to have the UK's 2 biggest jumpers on TV at the same
    time.
    Looking forward to seeing the footage, to have primetime slot on
    national TV is good publisty. We are going to have a TV on in the
    office. So... don't call when it is on! :-D

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

    ++++++++++++++++++
    Unicycle.com in the UK
    The UK's Unicycle Source
    www.unicycle.uk.com
    +++++++++++++++++++
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

  7. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    It seems that the hype fairys have been at work on the Richard & Judy
    website...

    They've put up a short desciption of the feature as it relates to todays
    show, with typical spelling, grammar & punctuation mistakes :p.

    The site is 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/8ye78). Be prepared for a Flash
    debugger warning, it means nothing except they need to hire a better
    website design team.

    Here is the text for when the site gets changed/removed:

    > -Originally posted on http://tinyurl.com/8ye78-
    > URBAN UNICYLCE
    >
    > This is the newest urban sport to hit the streets. Forget skateboards
    > and BMXs, if you want to turn heads on the high-street and raise your
    > pulse rate then you need to look no further than Urban Unicycle.
    >
    > Mountain Unicycling has been growing in popularity in the UK for the
    > past three or four years and riders keen on the sport have embraced
    > Urban Unicycling with the same enthusiasm. The Unicycles are a far cry
    > from “normal” circus unicycles. They’re built of high strength
    > aluminium and have to deal with different pressures than normal
    > bicycles. The unicycle’s fixed gear means that the wheel takes much
    > more punishment than the frame and all the pressure is on the axle.
    >
    > We sent a crew to film three of Britain’s hottest young urban
    > unicyclists to see them in their element, performing tricks and stunts
    > on the streets of London.

    I like the deliberate differentiation between circus & urban
    unicycling.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    Officially a  & ~ expert.

    _no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
    Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
    Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  8. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  9. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  10. rupert

    rupert Guest

    Well done to our national celebrities Joe, Amanda and Richard!

    I also thought the feature was much too short, but apart from that it
    was good. Its focus was on the human aspect, which I wasn't really
    expecting given the emphasis on engineering in the blurb on the website,
    but this was probably a good thing, given its purpose. I have to
    remember that it's not to teach any of us anything new but rather to
    publicise unicycling to people who aren't familiar with it already, and
    IMHO it did this quite successfully and positively.

    --
    rupert
    rupert's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10819

  11. unicus

    unicus Guest

    Well done - it was short but that was only to be expected at prime time
    (amazing how much filming ends up on the cutting room floor - shame
    really).

    I've uploaded the video to the gallery, only a small version at the
    moment - a higher quality one will follow shortly.

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuw48

    BTW note what Judy says at the end and then watch the clip of Joe
    Marshall and see what Judy did a couple of years ago.

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  12. gkmac

    gkmac Guest

    Nice video, if rather short.

    But will unicyclists be the only people who'll notice that some of the
    footage at the beginning was run forwards and then backwards?

    --
    gkmac - Seldom rides in public
    gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

  13. DarkTom

    DarkTom Guest

    Nice video!

    Well done you three!!!

    I watched the start of the show and they didn't mention any unicycling
    so I went out thinking it was cancelled again. Doh!

    Sweet coverage for urban unicycling and good that their website had a
    link to unicycle.uk.com.

    Well done again the three of you!

    T.

    --
    DarkTom - Livin under cloud of Stone Elephant

    -\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
    less.\" - johnhimsworth

    \"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher

    \"mud is the ink we use for bodypainting our homage to the muni sport.\"
    - goldenchickenii
    -
    DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

  14. Nice work chaps and chappess. That was some good exposure.

    Did they get in touch with you guys or did you approach them?

    --
    MrBoogiejuice - Who's mate Your mate My mate Marmot

    Throwing down shapes in the Church of Dance since 1983.

    Make crumbs not War!

    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

  15. GILD

    GILD Guest

    very nice piece
    well done on getting some stunning exposure for unicycling

    u do feel somewhat short-changed when u've spent the best part of a day
    being filmed and it becomes a 1min57sec piece
    weigh that up against the cost of a 30sec advert in that show and u'll
    realise that u've done rather well

    media exposure seems to hunt in packs
    u might want to get pro-active about it and contact some local
    newspapers and the like
    'as seen on...' can be a nice addition to an initial approach letter

    and now that u have a contact at that show, u might consider pointing
    them in the direction of the UK UniHoki?

    all told, great exposure

    well done

    --
    GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
    (http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

    I feel like a 'fugitive' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Daves-Tattoos)
    from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
    (http://www.johnconyers.com/)

    ...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
    christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
    (http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
    it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
    the internet
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)