Trials unicycle wheel size?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by littledevil, Jul 2, 2005.

1. littledevil

littledevil New Member

Hey all

I recently started learning to ride unicycle with a friends unicycle that i borrowed but am hoping to get my own unicycle soon.

I want to progress to trials riding when i have learnt the basics and was wondering what is the general opinion on wheel size for trials unicycles?

I was thinking a 20inch but just checking that its the right decision for trials, or would a 24" be more suited to the job?

I'm 5ft10 and weigh about 10stone 8Lbs

Cheers

Ben

Tags:

2. pdc

pdc New Member

Trials unicycles are 19" with a 2.5" wide tire. You will definitely want a splined setup for serious trials, otherwise you'll quickly break it.

http://http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&subcat=9&cat=Trials

If you go to that site there is a link on the home page to a UK site.

3. trek88

trek88 New Member

For Trials you will want a really strong and durable unicycle. Two of the best unicycles for this is the Kris Holm 20 inch trials unicycle and the Koxx One Devil. These unicycle are very strong and durable but also they a pretty pricy for a unicycle. The Koxx One Devil is a little cheap then the Kris Holm at around $400 to $475, while the Kris Holm is $500 plus

4. John R

John R New Member

Better is always better.. Dumb thing to say, but if you are on a budget you may want to look at Torkers. The LX doesn't have a splined hub but it's a really nice unit that doesn't cost very much and should last you a while till you save up and have enough loot to pick up one with the splined hub. Sometimes putting things into catagories can fool ya. It may be possible that you're looking for a uni that you can beat on and do a bit of everything.